GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
NOT A SHOW TRUCK!!
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres the deal I am ordering the 3 inch body lift monday and that will be it for suspension till after this summer when I get the cash saved up,
but I wanted to post and get everybodys thoughts on if this will work or not from asking around and looking at pics im pretty sure it will work but heres my plans
6.5 inch DC series 2
3 inch PA body lift
bushwacker cut out flares (maybe not 100% sure yet)
39' swampers with the cutouts or 35-38s w/o
not sure on rims yet but they will probably be 17-18 inch welds
4.88 gears
(the rest really doesnt have to do with suspension but I figure I will post it anyways)
rollpan and shave tailgate
caddy taillights
two-tone paint
phantom grille and a few other small stuff :read:

and just incase anybody is wondering its my DD and I dont plan on doing any hardcore wheelin I thought about doing the SAS already got the axle and everything but I am just gonna buy a jeep or little zuki, I know everybody like somethin different so Im open to opinions :D

Aaric

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
most of that sounds really good except I wouldnt run bigger than a 38 on half ton IFS, even with 38s your going to wear parts fast. I wouldnt put bigger than a 36 if you plan on wheeling it hard (which you said you wernt)

Also they dont make to many swamper for 17-18" rims, like none pretty much.

·
NOT A SHOW TRUCK!!
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dark Eternal said:
most of that sounds really good except I wouldnt run bigger than a 38 on half ton IFS, even with 38s your going to wear parts fast. I wouldnt put bigger than a 36 if you plan on wheeling it hard (which you said you wernt)

Also they dont make to many swamper for 17-18" rims, like none pretty much.

do you think I would be alright with a set of the 38x15.50R17 ssr's w/o the cutouts I dont rag on it alot just cruz slow how often do you think the parts would wear out and is there anyway to beef the front end up where the parts wont wear out as fast?

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
You would probably be ok if you didnt rag on it. Stuff like pitman/idler arms will wear out faster as well as ball joints but there isnt much of a way to beef any of that up. They are wearable parts, they will just wear faster than stock, not a huge deal. Your tie rods are a weak point as well as your CVs but they normally break offroad or from hard driving, so thats not a big deal for you. Just take it easy and you should be just fine.

·
NOT A SHOW TRUCK!!
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sevenfold said:
Lookin at a pretty hefty bill there... well over $8,000 (w/o labor)...

yeah its not gonna be cheap but IMO its worth every penny plus I will be doing all the work except shaving the tailgate and stuff but my friend that owns a body shop will be doing that :D

Stu said:
on a z71...:nono: :puke:
everybody likes somethin different but I think a shaved ass end on a lifted truck looks sweet Im not gonna be towing a trailer or loading anything into the bed so I figure why not :read:
316200224404AM40531.gif

·
Registered
10 Posts
heh, i will believe it when i see it. :read: i've been seeing you post your "future plans" for months now over on this website and other websites and you have yet to do more than debadge your truck. :read:

·
Registered
187 Posts
daaaaamn boy he just called you out.!! :ninja: haha, hes gotta point, i dont mean to be dick, but personally, i hate when people talk about things that never happen....

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
damn, totally :eek:wned: i agree tho, lots of talk lots of talk, but hey ive been guilty of it too before and have since learned :crazy:

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
were you gonna say that its ummmmmmmm missing a back window and the door dont even shut right!!! hahaha i knew it :crazy:

·
NOT A SHOW TRUCK!!
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I honestly dont give a rats ass what you think its kinda hard to do more then debadge and a few other small things when you dont have a job I am suppose to start workin for my grandpa in a few weeks so then it will be easier to start saving again, your right I have been postin about "future plans" because I have been thinking about stuff and couldnt really decide on what I wanted 100% but why start savin up money and buy somethin that Im not gonna be happy with so I guess I will just go on back to FSC since a few ppl here seem to have somethin stuck up there asses :321:

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Take it easy. That guy that posted that in the first place is a n00bie here and prolly came from FSC to here. So no one here started it.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Badassilverado said:
Haha I actually agree w/ that noob. I see people posting "shit they're going to do" constantly and you know what? They never do it! Fine with me I guess, I find it kind of funny myself.

Who knows tho, maybe that dood did come from FSC.
Very true. We should get a new thread thats titled "Truck Dreams."
For everyones dreams to do to their trucks but prolly never will.

But the kid has a plan, I say good luck on doin it. :head:

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
whats the point of hating on people who are asking for suggestions for their future plans? I can think of a lot of people who have definitely followed through with what they asked about doing months before, here and FSC. dont get on the guy because he wanted someones opinion sorry he doesnt have the cashflow right now to buy whatever he wants, just because some people are 35 and have well paying jobs or have parents that will just drop a blank check doesnt mean that he wont get his shit together and it wont be sweet. cool everyone, lets put another guys dream down, real nice. bet it makes you feel good doesnt it? bro, get on with your saving, plan sounds tight i have been/am in your shoes saving up for the stuff i want, and hey sorry to all the people out there that have to be an ass about it. :slap:

·
NOT A SHOW TRUCK!!
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
NorcalZ71 said:
whats the point of hating on people who are asking for suggestions for their future plans? I can think of a lot of people who have definitely followed through with what they asked about doing months before, here and FSC. dont get on the guy because he wanted someones opinion sorry he doesnt have the cashflow right now to buy whatever he wants, just because some people are 35 and have well paying jobs or have parents that will just drop a blank check doesnt mean that he wont get his shit together and it wont be sweet. cool everyone, lets put another guys dream down, real nice. bet it makes you feel good doesnt it? bro, get on with your saving, plan sounds tight i have been/am in your shoes saving up for the stuff i want, and hey sorry to all the people out there that have to be an ass about it. :slap:

Im glad somebody understands whats goin on I mean hell I thought thats what forums were about asking questions and getting help about stuff if I would have known it was gonna be a problem for some ppl I wouldnt have even posted here, but as far as me postin the 'future plans" for a few months heck Ive only had the truck since around thansgiving of last year since I totalled my single cab, but to all the ppl that want to be dicks and talk there BS Im sorry mommy and daddy doesnt pay for all my stuff my parents havent paid for any of my stuff since I was 15 and I dont expect them to I worked and saved the money to pay for the truck and everything else I have so all I can say is have fun talk shyt about me cuz I could care less but once its all said and done and my truck is ridin high all the non believers can kiss my ass :read:

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
I think you most of you are getting this poor guy mixed up with the people that say they are getting 20" lifts all chromed with King shocks and all new interiors...etc. He actually has a reasonable plan and since hes ordered the B/L looks like hes already started.

·
OG
6,939 Posts
Jeff said:
were you gonna say that its ummmmmmmm missing a back window and the door dont even shut right!!! hahaha i knew it :crazy:
or he could of said how the bed doesnt line up with the cab or how shitty the frame looks hanging out what a POS :doublepuk

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
Im sure once he lifts it he will put some tube steb bars on the side or somthing like that and you wont even notice the frame. Check out a pic with them on mine.

And the bed doesnt look like its too off to me.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts