GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Flying Low
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the track. Tuned my G8 on my way there with just 500 miles on it. Car ran consistent 13.4's @ 106mph (Tune Only) hotlapping it. This thing impressed me, not bad for a 4 door on 19's and this sucky weather :). Car weighted in at 3920 lbs. Hopefully it'll run better once engine breaks in.
Here's part of one of the runs on a friend's phone against a Mustang GT.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51ldG3a_p6w

·
Registered
549 Posts
i had one--even after a dyno tune, long tubes, CAI the car only ran 12.9-13.0 with a good launch. They are nice vehicles, but really should be a little faster out of the box IMO.

New stock mustangs are capable of running 13.2 out of the box with 1.4 liters less engine displacement, and average time of 13.5. My stang is running consistent high 11s with a personal best of 11.7

I'm not bashig the G8 because they really are nice vehicles, but I felt them lacking in the performance department given a 6 liter foundation and a lack of aftermarket support.

·
Registered
265 Posts
i had one--even after a dyno tune, long tubes, CAI the car only ran 12.9-13.0 with a good launch. They are nice vehicles, but really should be a little faster out of the box IMO.

New stock mustangs are capable of running 13.2 out of the box with 1.4 liters less engine displacement, and average time of 13.5. My stang is running consistent high 11s with a personal best of 11.7

I'm not bashig the G8 because they really are nice vehicles, but I felt them lacking in the performance department given a 6 liter foundation and a lack of aftermarket support.
You busted his bubble.....:rofljest:

·
3,161 Posts
13.4 is a good run. Better tires weather etc that would easily easily break into 12's. I would be very happy with those times on a basically stock car in his conditions.

Kustom defect pics of your time slips? Mustangs aren't running 13.2 out of the box. Sounds like an internet racer to me post facts instead of captioning motortrend articles.

Here we go.............:wank:

·
Registered
549 Posts
13.4 is a good run. Better tires weather etc that would easily easily break into 12's. I would be very happy with those times on a basically stock car in his conditions.

Kustom defect pics of your time slips? Mustangs aren't running 13.2 out of the box. Sounds like an internet racer to me post facts instead of captioning motortrend articles.

Here we go.............:wank:

Yep--internet racing my ass :big_banana_Dance:

05 GT
stock bottom end(ARP rod bolts)
comp stage III blower cams
vortech @ 11psi street 13psi strip
meth injection
delete plates
long tubes
4.10s
spec clutch
1pc alum driveshaft
full BMR suspension
blah blah blah--full supporting mods

and of course a hater pic of the G8 i no longer own

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Why are you comparing a blown and cammed mustang to a near stock 4 door car?

The G8 is a two-ton sled that can run high 12s with simple bolt ons and do it in comfort while looking stealthy on the street. I fail to see the problem here?

·
3,161 Posts
Not only that, Cuerva's N/A truck is 1k heavier than your supercharged, meth injected Mustang and just 3/10's off of your claimed "personal" best of 11.7. For kicks I'd like to see you cough up time slips of your "claimed" best. Now it's time to add kustom defect to the trusty ignore list. :D

I don't think I said it Cuerva nice run and nice vehicles :shake:

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
So let me get this straight a 4 door sedan that in good weather with a tune only that can run a 12 second pass all for under 30K OTD isnt impressive? :think:

Come now, we all know it's not. :rofljest:

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
Good times for a stock car. With a couple more mods it should run 12s no matter what unless it just blows the tires off.

I wonder what the g8 gxp or whatever it is with the 6.2 would run stock?

·
Flying Low
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

:chillpill I was just stating my wife's 4 door daily driver's didn't do too bad for what it is. Not planning on going crazy with the mods on this one, well, maybe just a TVS for Xmas lol.
Now yours on the other hand. 11.7's on this mods?
05 GT
stock bottom end(ARP rod bolts)
comp stage III blower cams
vortech @ 11psi street 13psi strip
meth injection
delete plates
long tubes
4.10s
spec clutch
1pc alum driveshaft
full BMR suspension
blah blah blah--full supporting mods

Now that sure ISN"T impressive to me nor anyone down here. Hell, my truck (in sig) dances circles around cars like yours :wank: .
You telling me a stock pony runs 13.2's, hahaha. So you add all those mods and only drop 1.5 sec off your E.T's?, :hmm: I see something wrong there bud.

You busted his bubble.....:rofljest:
:LOL: What bubble? :wank: ..... :driver:

·
Flying Low
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not only that, Cuerva's N/A truck is 1k heavier than your supercharged, meth injected Mustang and just 3/10's off of your claimed "personal" best of 11.7. For kicks I'd like to see you cough up time slips of your "claimed" best. Now it's time to add kustom defect to the trusty ignore list. :D

I don't think I said it Cuerva nice run and nice vehicles :shake:
Thanks Guys.
This are the kind of kids I love hitting the switch on....now that's a buble burst, at least he already has his problem circled :jester:

·
Registered
549 Posts
Thanks Guys.
This are the kind of kids I love hitting the switch on....now that's a buble burst, at least he already has his problem circled :jester:

simply put wow. I was just stating that the car was slow from the factory--that's all. I HAD one, and I know what they do and don't.

As far as bashing on a car that weighs 3300+ lbs with a displacement of 4.6L and makes 500 rw ponies is fine with me--its what I have and what I enjoy. When the car was a nitrous car, it was faster thru the 1/4, but not as fun on the street.

So you all enjoy your circle jerkin' around here as you "keep each others backs" Also, in my opinion-- anything in the 11.50+ second range is slow as well---there is a guy that goes to a local track here with a built 6.0L in a RCSB truck very similar to yours that is running 11.5s on motor and knockin on high 10s on gas---maybe you would like to bash on him too

·
GMFS MoPar/Air Force Crew
5,457 Posts
Jesus, your 4-door truck must feel like it's going backwards :eek:

·
Flying Low
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
simply put wow. I was just stating that the car was slow from the factory--that's all. I HAD one, and I know what they do and don't.

As far as bashing on a car that weighs 3300+ lbs with a displacement of 4.6L and makes 500 rw ponies is fine with me--its what I have and what I enjoy. When the car was a nitrous car, it was faster thru the 1/4, but not as fun on the street.

So you all enjoy your circle jerkin' around here as you "keep each others backs" Also, in my opinion-- anything in the 11.50+ second range is slow as well---there is a guy that goes to a local track here with a built 6.0L in a RCSB truck very similar to yours that is running 11.5s on motor and knockin on high 10s on gas---maybe you would like to bash on him too
Your're the one who came in here bashing, comparing apples to oranges and now you're bringing someone else's vehicles into this who you probably don't even know personally hahaha. But I'll give you the benefit of doubt about the guy with the 6.0 which has nothing to do with this and I have nothing against him, so why would I bash on him?. I know what I have and stand behind it, so if you trully know him and he's even willing to follow your game of dragging other people into your screwups; Let's make it interesting $$$$$$ and I'm willing to trailer his "built 6.0 truck" and your "pony" and fly your ass down here to race.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts