GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.....On a 2WD Silverado (pewter) with a 7" suspension lift and a 3" Body Lift. Should I get gap gards or not?

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
i think on any truck like that that has a BL, some sort of gap guards are needed...and the bumpers should always be raised up...

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Yes :read:

I personally would never own a BodyLifted Truck w/o them.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
BigBubbaBD said:
Yes :read:

I personally would never own a BodyLifted Truck w/o them.
:word: Although I woudln't body lift an OBS truck anyway...they show so much frame....but thats just me :crazy:

·
5,501 Posts
Yeah...OBS and NBS trucks show too much frame stock...and 3 more inches is way too much...the 73-87 trucks aren't too bad about showin frame...but i don't think ill ever own a body lifted truck, no matter what year it is...

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
Get the guards. Not only do they make it look better but they help keep mud, water, dirt, and whatever else your driving through out of the engine.

·
5,501 Posts
Its wierd how GM goes from not showin an inch of the frame untill 88, where the body barely covers much of the frame...

·
Needs a truck
454 Posts
[/IMG]
aberbaseballs truck before

blackgmc2.gif

His truck after

these two pics do justice to why you should deff get them :bowtie:

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
just drill holse and pope the little plastic clips in, a smart monkey can figure it out, you will have no problems.

·
Needs a truck
454 Posts
Eisenfaust said:
The same reason there are a billion can i fit 285s threads. Its called having new ppl join a web site.
BTW can i fit 285's on my two inch t-bar and shackle lift :crazy: :crazy:

·
Baller
128 Posts
Eisenfaust said:
The same reason there are a billion can i fit 285s threads. Its called having new ppl join a web site.
Apparently so,
FOR ALL NEWBIES, THE SEARCH BUTTON!!! YES GAP GUARDS ARE A HELL OF A LOT BETTER TO HAVE AND ARE CHEAP, YES ON A Z71 YOU CAN FIT 285S WITH A T BAR CRANK, HELL I HAVE THEM AND I DIDNT EVEN TRIM, we need to have a sticky that answers these :boobs: I like boobs

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
You are a newbie because you only have 23 posts...I'm sure there are people here with like 1 post that know a whole hell of alot more than me but they are still noobs!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Post some pics after the body lift and gap guards :read:

I was told once by a local 4wd shop (that is now out of business :ninja: ) that the gap guards made by the body lift companies were flimsy and fell apart quick. They reccommended getting a thicker material and fabbing your own gap guards. Did they know what they were talking about? Who knows.

At the rate I'm going, my baby (due next month) will be graduating college before I get to add a body lift or gears to my truck :bawl:

Scott

1 - 20 of 28 Posts