1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Its in the works...
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
437 Posts
sup mark, my parents just recently got our garage floor done, i think it was around $1,000 for a 3 car garage inside and also the driveway. I was watching them do it, and it looked REALLY easy to do. All they did was clean up the ground really good, and then paint the floor with the epoxy shit, they used regular paint rollers. Then after thats done, they have these shoes with spikes on the bottom of them and just throw small broken pieces of tile on it. The broken tile pieces will stick into the epoxy. Yea, it looked easy, afterwards i was like we paid a grand for that?!!? took them like 3 hours tops.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
my aunt and uncles new house came with some sort of coating..??....it kinda looks like Pebble Tech out of a pool almost....it is slick though, easy to clean and looks very nice especially if u have a finshed garage..

·
tell Sloan I said whatup
1,951 Posts
mark,
my friend owns his own company that specializes in this wmong other things.
It definitely shouldnt be just a 3hr job. Im almost positive he does it in a 2 or 3 day multi step process. My dad had his done and it was 3 days, 3 coats, etc.
PM if you want his number. They actaully just did a guys garage with a huge custom AZ cardinals logo in the middle. They are very good at what they do, and reasonable compared to most.

tyler

·
Registered
437 Posts
yea i think we got jipped because they only did one coat, and isnt it supposed to withstand chemicals? I spilled brake fluid on the floor, and wiped it up soon after, and a couple days later the epoxy flaked away from that spot :(

·
Its in the works...
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah from what I can gather a good job consists of at least 3 coats. Top of the line is 5 coats and takes 4 days to do! They charge by the square-foot so price is relative to size and the number of coats. I talked with the dude from GarageFloorCoatings.com and got a quote from them but it seems like everyones charging out the ass for this. Im getting from $800-$1500 quotes for my wimply little 2 car garage... Oh well, I'll get to it sooner or later.

Ty, could you send me the contact info of your friend so I can get in touch with him. Whats the name of his business???

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
so I assume the "do-it-yourself" kits from Home Depot are not recommended? LOL

·
Registered
370 Posts
i dont know where you would get it, but my uncle used some paint that is used for industrial plumbing stuff, like sewers and whatnot. just rolled it on wiht a paint roller. did 2 coats, mixed some sand in with the second coat for traction. oil and stuff doesnt soak in he says and it has lasted a year so far without chipping or any problems.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I used the BEHR type garage epoxy a month ago. So far so good. I have had my buddies motorcycles on it and the tread will just sweep away. Havent parked a car on it yet. I used the flat gray with nonslip additive. I do alot of woodworking and so far looks great. Now that is only a month, but thought you might want to know. Oh and me being the paranoid person I am, it took me 2-3 days to finish by myself.

·
Registered
53 Posts
...most likely, that user is a spammer, and is going to come back and edit the post to include some spam...

·
Registered
2011 Silverado LT
105 Posts

Not to knock you off course but want to make sure you consider all options available.

Have you considered the garage tiles?

They are extremely durable and look awesome.

This is what mine looks like.

https://flic.kr/p/21RSBvc
https://flic.kr/p/ZTVEAW

·
Registered
53 Posts
Nailed it. The person who resurrected this thread is a spammer... they editted the post to add spam.

..and the moderators don't do anything about it, not even to delete the spam link...

·
Super Moderator
6,274 Posts
Nailed it. The person who resurrected this thread is a spammer... they editted the post to add spam.

..and the moderators don't do anything about it, not even to delete the spam link...
Yeah because the moderators dont have a life and sit and watch the forum 24/7....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yeah because the moderators dont have a life and sit and watch the forum 24/7....
It's not sit and watch. I reported the post and pointed out where the spam link was (they hid it in the quoted text) a couple of hours after it was done. Moderators only go through the reports once a week?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts