GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
GM Trucks & UA
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my boys and I decided to clean up the garage this week while their mother was out of town. This is a modest garage makeover, not the extreme edition.

Before:
DSCN0648.jpg

After:
DSCN0670.jpg

Befores:
DSCN0649.jpg

DSCN0650.jpg

DSCN0651.jpg

·
GM Trucks & UA
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Afters:

DSCN0671.jpg

DSCN0677.jpg

DSCN0679.jpg

DSCN0680.jpg

DSCN0686.jpg

DSCN0687.jpg

DSCN0688.jpg

·
GM Trucks & UA
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some Durings:
DSCN0684.jpg

DSCN0666.jpg

DSCN0667.jpg

And the Workers, I have the greatest kids!!!

DSCN0661.jpg

DSCN0657.jpg

DSCN0683.jpg

·
GMFS Señor Member
1,326 Posts
Haha...your kids are cute, dude!

The garage looks so neat and organized...I envy you.

·
GM Trucks & UA
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hoping I can inspire all those that need to clean their garage...

Also organized the tool box...

DSCN0672.jpg

DSCN0673.jpg

DSCN0674.jpg

DSCN0675.jpg

DSCN0676.jpg

I know, I don't own anything too fancy, but at least it's neat and organized now, and all the camping gear is off of the floor...

·
Ballin' on a Budget
2,113 Posts
Nice. you almost inspired me to go clean mine, but then i realized that that involves a lot of work and getting out of my chair.

1,932 Posts
looks fucking good man! :read: Now you need a strip pole and a bar and it would be lovly :rocking:

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
looks nice man. we converted our garage into a spare room so i have nowhere for any tools or anything:pow: i envy your setup..looks much better now

·
Registered
871 Posts
looks alot better looking and organized...Nice Work

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
looks great, Im digging that black pegboard

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
looks good, you inspired me to clean mine, and to finish some maintenence work on my truck...and even though its a nice day, my concrete floor is still cold...and i have no kerosene for my heater.

Dave

·
Registered
44 Posts
What did your other half say when she got home??? was she impressed? Now you can talk her into getting more tools because you need to fill up the peg board!! Looks great man, i need to get my garage back in shape..

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
looks good man.. about how much did it all set you back? like the materials to do everything.. i've been thinking about doing the same just been procrastinating

·
GM Trucks & UA
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What did your other half say when she got home??? was she impressed? Now you can talk her into getting more tools because you need to fill up the peg board!! Looks great man, i need to get my garage back in shape..
She was impressed, mostly because I did it with the kids on hand!

looks good man.. about how much did it all set you back? like the materials to do everything.. i've been thinking about doing the same just been procrastinating
All told, less than $300. I had allot of painting materials left over from work on the house. Only new things were the weight rack $24 at Wal Mart and the Craftsman workbench $89 Sears floor model, and the 1"x2" boards I used for mounting the pegboards and shelf runners were $1 each for a 8ft stretch.

Yeah how much did that peg board run you, and what are those...like 4 x 10 sheets?

They were 4x8 pegboards, I got them at Sutherlands here in Sierra Vista, but they typically run $8-10 per sheet. The boys just painted them black with outdoor paint so it would be somewhat durable. The grey paint was super cheap at Dunn Edwards, someone ordered it then didn't like it, $6 per gallon x2. The rest of the shelves were already up before, we just painted them and rattle-canned the white brakets. The peg kits were pretty cheap at Home Depot, but you can find them anywhere.:endofshow

·
4,725 Posts
cool family project man.

·
GM Trucks & UA
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Your garage is only 8 feet tall? That sucks...can your truck fit in it?
My bad those were 4x10s. It's a bit taller, I have a ceiling whereas some don't. If you look at the pictures you can see I also have a curb that shortens the height of the walls. We park the Tahoe in there every night, because of my gym I cannot park my truck in there as well. The Tahoe is exactly 7ft at it's highest point.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts