GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody else notice a difference between running certain brands of gas?

I have an '01 RCLB 4.8 4x4. The truck runs MUCH smoother on Amoco gas. Mobil, holiday, and anything else seems to not run as smooth. I also get better mileage with amoco. Only mod is K&N FIPK. Anybody else notice this?

·
Registered
503 Posts
i use texaco or shell. but i work for chevron

·
My name's not Kevin
308 Posts
I use Shell. But on the news this A.M. they had some Gov. official (sorry I don't know who it was) from the D.O.T. saying that there is no difference between brands.
I do notice a difference in my Blazer.

·
Registered
658 Posts
i use chevron or shell

·
Registered
7 Posts
I use Mobil most of the time. Once in a while I put a tank of Hess in. Cannot see any difference in mileage using either one.

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
90% of the gas in the US goes through community lines so when say BP dumps in x gallons on one end and then pulls some out at their distribution centers for all they know what they just pulled could be from Exxon or Shell. The only differences from brand to brand is the additives added at the centers. Otherwise it is all the same. Chevron is the only one I know who does have some private lines but nt everything they transport is through their lines...some is community.

Cameron

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Physh1 said:
90% of the gas in the US goes through community lines so when say BP dumps in x gallons on one end and then pulls some out at their distribution centers for all they know what they just pulled could be from Exxon or Shell. The only differences from brand to brand is the additives added at the centers. Otherwise it is all the same. Chevron is the only one I know who does have some private lines but nt everything they transport is through their lines...some is community.

Cameron
:word:
My family business is an Oil co. We've had it for 40+ years now. They're aren't many Oil companies left today. About 3 at best because of merging. So if you buy Mobil it's Exxon. Amoco gas is BP. Plus Chevron now owns Texaco and they also own Amoco's Oil products. Plus you have many other smaller companies and independent companies.

·
I'm back!
794 Posts
Gas is Gas :read: Doesnt matter if its Shell Gas Texaco Gas Fina Gas etc etc it all comes from the same truck delivery. I go for the cheapest.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Stu Meat said:
Gas is Gas :read: Doesnt matter if its Shell Gas Texaco Gas Fina Gas etc etc it all comes from the same truck delivery. I go for the cheapest.
Yeah but those delivery trucks don't all load at the same place. We were buying from this one company at one time and noticed some thick ass sludge in the gas. You could see the remains of it in the bottom of the truck tank compartments. Never bought from them again! I'm just glad I don't have to buy from a C-Store.

·
Realtor, not Real-iter
421 Posts
Physh1 said:

Cameron
I agree too.

The quality/cleaniness issues come from the tanks they are stored in.

the only one I can say I have troubles with are certain Arco stations. BAD BAD BAD pinging (past nissan car). I think they were watering the gas or something.

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
danez71 said:
I agree too.

The quality/cleaniness issues come from the tanks they are stored in.

the only one I can say I have troubles with are certain Arco stations. BAD BAD BAD pinging (past nissan car). I think they were watering the gas or something.
Arco's gas is pretty shitty, but its because it's so damn cheap. Here its 20 cents cheaper than chevron's gas. I still put in Chevron because I use a gas card :rocking:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts