GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on avg. getting 16 MPG according to my instrument cluster and getting about 346 MPT... What is everyone else getting with a stock 5.3? I have a heavy foot for sure, but I would think I would get better then 16... I got around 11-12 with stock gears and heavy ass 36's...

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
i baby the shit out of my truck... i get about 16 miles a gallon all on city streets. Hills suck my right nut :read:

·
Registered
169 Posts
I get about 16-17, mostly highway but some city, and don't really get into it that much.

·
Registered
658 Posts
i get on average like 14-15 mpg.....but i can get like 20 if i play nice....but she likes to go fast...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Usually around town I can get 400 miles out fo a tank, but if I stay out on the road it gets alot better. A couple weeks ago I went to houston and when i got back home I had 307 on just a little over half a tank so. I've got a 5.3 with a K&N FIPK 2, throttle body spacer, and flowmaster exhaust.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Last month my younger brother got between 600-700 miles on one tank. He was coming back from Mexico and went 7 hours with out stopping. He told me that he was doing between 85-100 all way. Keep in mind that the truck was on stocks but it had a LOADED bed. He couldnt see from the rear view mirror, the load was that high.

Mods: K & N FIPK
Flowmaster exhaust (2 chamber, dual pipes)

Uninstalled the Hypertech power programer tuning because the gas is different in Mexico.

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
00Silverado said:
Damn, I get about the same and I'm pretty damn hard on it :naughty:
well ive dropped to like 13 past few weeks now that i have the magnaflow, i have to GUN it in order to stay above the resonation :mad:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm getting about 300km's per tank (usually 60-70 cdn to fill, 93 octane). should be more but I've been driving in 4 hi for the past 3 weeks, dam snow & s*&t firestone tires

·
My name's not Kevin
308 Posts
Last month my younger brother got between 600-700 miles on one tank.
650 miles on a 26 gal. tank is 25 mpg. If he was doing 85-100 mph with a fully loaded bad. Sounds like a fishing story to me. :think:

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
yeah it does..........if he had the wind blowin up his ass the whole time then i would believe it tho :LOL:

when GM puts the numbers on the sides of the cars, those are done at 40mph under the best conditions, probably with over inflated tires too

·
ExhaustSoundzSeniorMember
1,137 Posts
Well, my old truck wasnt exactly stock, but w/ the lift tires, flowmaster exhaust and my foot, i got right around 8-9mpg in city and 14mpg on highway, really didnt do much mixed driving.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
with my setup i get 11-12 no matter how i drive it or what kind of driving (excluding 4x4)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts