GMC Truck Forum banner

Gas Mileage...

3435 34
I am on avg. getting 16 MPG according to my instrument cluster and getting about 346 MPT... What is everyone else getting with a stock 5.3? I have a heavy foot for sure, but I would think I would get better then 16... I got around 11-12 with stock gears and heavy ass 36's...
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
1,819 Posts
i get on average like 14-15 mpg.....but i can get like 20 if i play nice....but she likes to go fast...

· Registered
126 Posts
Usually around town I can get 400 miles out fo a tank, but if I stay out on the road it gets alot better. A couple weeks ago I went to houston and when i got back home I had 307 on just a little over half a tank so. I've got a 5.3 with a K&N FIPK 2, throttle body spacer, and flowmaster exhaust.

· Registered
1,760 Posts
Last month my younger brother got between 600-700 miles on one tank. He was coming back from Mexico and went 7 hours with out stopping. He told me that he was doing between 85-100 all way. Keep in mind that the truck was on stocks but it had a LOADED bed. He couldnt see from the rear view mirror, the load was that high.

Mods: K & N FIPK
Flowmaster exhaust (2 chamber, dual pipes)

Uninstalled the Hypertech power programer tuning because the gas is different in Mexico.

· Registered
21 Posts
I'm getting about 300km's per tank (usually 60-70 cdn to fill, 93 octane). should be more but I've been driving in 4 hi for the past 3 weeks, dam snow & s*&t firestone tires

· thats right
2,197 Posts
yeah it does..........if he had the wind blowin up his ass the whole time then i would believe it tho :LOL:

when GM puts the numbers on the sides of the cars, those are done at 40mph under the best conditions, probably with over inflated tires too

· ExhaustSoundzSeniorMember
3,298 Posts
Well, my old truck wasnt exactly stock, but w/ the lift tires, flowmaster exhaust and my foot, i got right around 8-9mpg in city and 14mpg on highway, really didnt do much mixed driving.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.