GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Left Jizz
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this isn't probably the right section to post this in, but a lot of you guys drive or have driven/owned older trucks. I was just wondering how many gallons each of the dual tanks holds on a 79 k15 GMC with a 350 and auto tranny. Just got it and haven't run them dry yet, just curious. Thanks.

·
is awesome
2,263 Posts
16 a side if i remember correctly
long bed might be more

ill check

·
is awesome
2,263 Posts
well if it is stock you should be able to pump out more the 10 mpg
i would suggest dooing a good tuneup, cap, rotor, wires, plugs, air filter, fuel filter
and keep yur foot out of it

cause i got like 10 in the city when i was running 37s

·
Left Jizz
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I've got the cap, rotor, plugs, wires, and air filter all sitting in the truck. I think my main problem is that the motor only has 2500 miles on it so I'm sure whomever took the stock motor out and put the crate one in tried tuning the quadrajet. Everybody I've talked to said the quadrajets are great from the factory, but once somebody messes with them they might as well be throw away. I know some of this is just inexperience, but it would be a good excuse for a holley truck avenger.

I'm also going to put in a true dual exhaust with headers because it'll help as long as my foots out of it, and it'll sound way more badass than the stock? 2.25" single on there now.

Anyways, thanks for your help, and advice.

·
is awesome
2,263 Posts
Yeah, I've got the cap, rotor, plugs, wires, and air filter all sitting in the truck. I think my main problem is that the motor only has 2500 miles on it so I'm sure whomever took the stock motor out and put the crate one in tried tuning the quadrajet. Everybody I've talked to said the quadrajets are great from the factory, but once somebody messes with them they might as well be throw away. I know some of this is just inexperience, but it would be a good excuse for a holley truck avenger.

I'm also going to put in a true dual exhaust with headers because it'll help as long as my foots out of it, and it'll sound way more badass than the stock? 2.25" single on there now.

Anyways, thanks for your help, and advice.
yup truck advengers are decient, i had a quad that was never messed with and it ran find, i also never had a problem with it in the woods, even on steep ledges

a good exhaust system will help, but i can tell you from experience once i installed mine i couldnt keep my foot out of it

this is my old chevy btw

stock height 33 bfgs
000_0588.jpg

6" lift, 37s

6", wheelbase streach, 1-tons, 38s, and a disreguard for sheet metal
Picture002.jpg

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
That was a BA truck DEREK.... Do you rather the jeep?

·
is awesome
2,263 Posts
almost always yes

right now i havent wheeled in 3 months cause i cant figure out the jeep so that makes me pissed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts