GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i am gathering some pricing info on bags. If and or when I do this to my '03 rcsb stepside It will be driven every day to school so i want to do it right and make it reliable. I know maintenance is the key.

anyway, i want the bags to be pretty fast. Not hopping but just fast, something like this except a little faster dumps

[yt]rFMiaHUoEt8[/yt]

i know i want a kp 6 link with watts in the rear, and i suppose kp cups in the front and slam re-7s all around. from what i understand they give more lift than the firestones. I'm not sure about the valve or or line sizes, that's why i poosted that video. I know i want the 9 switch box so i can hit f/b/s/s pancake and the corners. Will my SS rims tuck?

there's a local shop that does bags but i haven't really seen any of their welds excepts for these on a ranger

DSCF0823.jpg

DSCF0825.jpg

DSCF0824.jpg

what do yall think of that?

thanks in advance

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
I dont think the SS wheels will tuck

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i don't think i've ever seen them on something laid out, and i don't know the backspacing.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Or you can do 1/2" valves and 5/8" line. The 5/8" line is 1/2" id. So you keep 1/2" through out the system. Where as 1/2" line is 3/8" id. It doesn't sound liek a lot but speed wise its a big difference.

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
damn that looks good. are those real or replicas? is there any backspacing differences?

and can anyone answer some of those bag questions?

·
Team Black
2,415 Posts
damn that looks good. are those real or replicas? is there any backspacing differences?
kinda look like replicas to me and I dont know but wouldnt there be chevy centercaps on real ones? I would guess theyre the same bs between the factorys and replicas

oh and how tall are your tires? you may want to run 2" drop spindles along with the kp cups

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
kinda look like replicas to me and I dont know but wouldnt there be chevy centercaps on real ones? I would guess theyre the same bs between the factorys and replicas

oh and how tall are your tires? you may want to run 2" drop spindles along with the kp cups
i'll have to check, they're pretty damn big. I actually thought i would have to get new (smaller)ones.

do the spindles cause the wheels to camber in?

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Sounds good man.

I knew that SS wheels would tuck.

Everyone that i have talked to about it has reccommended EDC so im gonna reccommend that, thats what i will be running when i do mine.

·
Team Black
2,415 Posts
i'll have to check, they're pretty damn big. I actually thought i would have to get new (smaller)ones.

no, they will actually camber in less than they will with the stock spindles. and word to tfunit, go with an edc

·
Registered
3,222 Posts

no...the motion of your control arms going up when you air out is what causes the wheels to camber in at the top....the spindles will actually help keep your wheels from cambering in so much and you can drive at a lower PSI withought worrying about chewin throught tires....

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
cool...

where's the best place to get a york compressor? I'm trying to get a list of everything i will need including fittings so i can look for the best price

·
Team Black
2,415 Posts
oh ya, you can order from him, I got my guages and bags from him. he deal all kp too, so you can get your rear linkage and cups from him as well.

and as for fittings, you need to sit down with someone who knows what you need and see how you want to do it. you should buy tanks first and see how many/what size ports are on it and go from there.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts