1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Diego Mafia
2,625 Posts
which overlay?

·
Keep it Low.
615 Posts
I did mine already JB start with the two screws (star) under the cluster and go from there I must have taken 8-10 screws out along with pulling the dash panels out as I went took about 40 mins and I used spoons for the needles . . .

·
Keep it Low.
615 Posts
When you pull the cluster out you have to pull on that fucker like its gonna break because of the Nazi retainer clips GM put on there . . .

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
Easy as shit. Pull the panels off around the cluster. 7MM takes the cluster out. Pop off the back to the cluster, remove needles, put overlay on, re-install needles, then check to make sure they're pointing at the correct spot by plugging it in with the key on ACC (notice exactly where they were pointing before when you took it out)

Simple, I did mine in less than an hour.

·
Registered
748 Posts
really easy to figure out... I did one for a friend in his 08 LT1.

Take out the two torx bits thats on the upper dash cluster hood. Then pull the hood off. Then remove the left and right dash pieces. From there remove the bolts that hold the cluster in.

·
dieselz powerz
82 Posts
Did mine too, real easy... the us speedo unit comes with good instructions fyi.

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay, when you guys say remove side panels...gotta be more to it than that. I have bigass gorilla hands and I dont wanna snap anything off. I wish that video showed where to pry/pull for the panels.

What color should I get....red?....white?

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
Start by pulling at the top of the panel that has the DIC buttons, pull straight down and it'll come off

IMG00201.gif

IMG00204.gif

Then pull at the panel that surrounds the radio

IMG00202.gif

removed

IMG00203.gif

Then you'll see 2 7mm bolts holding the gauge surround on. Left and right sides.

one here

IMG00205.gif

and one here (this one on the right side is tricky, you'll have to finesse it in and out of there)

IMG00206.gif

Then pull from the top of the gauge surround stuff like this, its clipped on to the back part (2nd pic shows it being pulled off)

IMG00207.gif

IMG00208.gif

removed

IMG00209.gif

Cluster held in by 4 visible 7mm bolts around it

IMG00210.gif

Then just pull it out and unplug :big_banana_Dance:

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ sɟɯb
1,791 Posts
What brand are you getting JB? I like these but they came from jpcustoms and I don't know what brand they are.

will3001.jpg

USSpeedo of course makes some nice ones.

red.jpg

white.jpg

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
What brand are you getting JB? I like these but they came from jpcustoms and I don't know what brand they are.

will3001.jpg

USSpeedo of course makes some nice ones.

Those are the exact same ones I have, and just posted. US Speedo Daytona

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
I think that red would look good on your truck JB. Only if your going to leave your taillights red, then I think it would kind of give it a them. but the only problem is that the outline of your bowtie is silver. So a silver overlay woulden't look bad either.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts