GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can these stick on chrome panels be removed with heat? Any risk of mesing up the paint underneath? They are fugly

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
I think they are just double sided tape and which you would want to get an eraser wheel and some heat would help in the process of removing them. And your paint should be fine underneath them.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much. How risky are these eraser wheels to use...any risk of taking paint or clear off?

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
You can "burn" the paint with the eraser, if enough pressure is applied. I have never used one yet, but from what I have read, it would take quite a bit of pressure. You can find them at auto body supplier stores, or online.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im not too lazy, I may just do that

·
Registered
6,982 Posts
I did this to mine after I bought it.

I let it sit out in the sun for a day, then applied more heat to them using a hair dryer, pulled a corner up then grabbed vice grips and pulled!! About 80% of the adhesive came off with the panals, the left over adhesive I just rubbed off with my fingers.

Before:

After:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
It wont pull the paint off unless it was painted with a can underneath. Just pull them off and use your thumb to roll off the residue left. Might ge a blister but it will go away in a few days. Cheaper then accidentally burning your clear.

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts

I let it sit out in the sun for a day, then applied more heat to them using a hair dryer, pulled a corner up then grabbed vice grips and pulled!! About 80% of the adhesive came off with the panals, the left over adhesive I just rubbed off with my fingers.

Before:

After:

Damn, that looks waaaaaay better. Slick truck!

stick on chrome... - where is the smiley shaking it's head in disgust?

·
Registered
446 Posts

Before:

After:

LOL...I am so glad you took those off. I can't believe they even make those!!

·
Registered
6,982 Posts
Damn, that looks waaaaaay better. Slick truck!

stick on chrome... - where is the smiley shaking it's head in disgust?
Stick on chrome FTL :nono:

Kyle, nice truck! looks much better without
:shake:

LOL...I am so glad you took those off. I can't believe they even make those!!
I had those on for a while trying to decide if I want to take a chance removing them and not fucking anything up. Didnt hurt my paint what so ever pulling those off.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts