GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I might be getting my bed cover sooner than I thought, so I was checking out a couple of sites today. I've heard really good things about Gaylords and Snuglid covers (but I was leaning toward the Gaylord ones), and I'm pretty sure that is the style I'm going for (not the soft kind or the flush mounts). Any suggestions on which brand might have the edge? Also, I found this on Gaylord's site:

I kind of like the mini-spoiler idea, but I'm still torn on it...plus I couldn't find any pics of a sportside with the fin...

What do you guys think? Which brand do you prefer? And is the fin :thumbsup: or :down: ?

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
From what ive heard both brands are really good. but if i were you id get a flush mount. IMO flush mounts look 10x better than over the rail lids.

:down: on the fin

·
Registered
169 Posts
I really like the Gaylord's also and prefer over the rail. IMO the spoiler just wouldn't look right on a stepside. But you never know until you see one.

·
Registered
785 Posts
both of those are good lids, I'd go with the flush mount an not the over the rail style and no on the fin

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
i have the X-2000... i don't really like it all that much. My locks don't work, and the weather striping on it shrank after about 2 years of having it. It looks good though... I had one of the first ones that came out, so i'm sure they've fixed thoose problems though. I need to go yell at gaylords soon.

I don't like the snuglid at all. It just doesn't seem to fit quite right, and the extra over hang in the back annoys me

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
04sierra said:
I really like the Gaylord's also and prefer over the rail. IMO the spoiler just wouldn't look right on a stepside. But you never know until you see one.
Yeah...I really wish I could see a stepside with the fin before I make my final decsion. Gaylord's site had an F-150 stepside with the fin, and I thought it looked pretty good. But of course, a GM and Ford are totally different trucks...

I'm still torn. Everyone seems to think flush mounts are the way to go. Any brands or styles to recommend on the flush mounts then? Any pictures? I'm open to suggestions, but I'm still leaning toward over the rails.

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
this is the only pic of a GM stepside with a tonneau with a fin on it. i got it off streetbeatcustoms.com. im not sure what brand it is, but just so u can get an idea what one looks like

sgrfhdfgjfgfjjf.gif

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Slash4824 said:
this is the only pic of a GM stepside with a tonneau with a fin on it. i got it off streetbeatcustoms.com. im not sure what brand it is, but just so u can get an idea what one looks like

sgrfhdfgjfgfjjf.gif
Yeah...I almost ordered that cover a long time ago...but when I did some research I found out that it is bolt on only. Meaning I'd have to drill holes in my bed. I'd rather stay away from that if I could...

Here is a pic of sportside with that cover from streetbeatcustoms:

This is the truck that got me started with this whole fin idea.

·
Registered
182 Posts
HumanZoom said:

This is the truck that got me started with this whole fin idea.
I think that looks pretty good with the fin on it. Drilling holes sucks though.... As said many times before they are both great lids. I always thought the fastback II was pretty cool looking if you wanted to go with a flushmount check out this post
http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=641

If you are looking for versatility(sp) check out versacap.com. More holes needed though :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts