GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PART 1
ok, i need to change my gear oil on my 10bolt because im overdue on it but like 10k (its probably bad that i waited that long huh?) anyways, how much gear oil should i use? is there a specific brand thats better than the others? as far as a gasket goes, is it just a simple rubber gasket? i think i have hte process figured out...
1. loosen the 10 bolts, the bottom like 4 more than the top ones
2. let oil drain out completely
3. check my gears for wear
4. put gasket on the cover or diff (make sure its clean)
5. put the cover on, tighten and fill the differential

sound about right?

PART 2
i added some lucas additive to my engine oil last oil change...i noticed an increase in oil pressure and no more cold starts....my main question is this...does it lower my idle rpms? i noticed that my idle has been a little rougher, not a lot but noticeable...im also gonna change my fuel filter tomorrow...

and my truck has a little over 63k on the odometer....thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
I heard that lucas stuff is pretty good. I was planning on adding it to my oil next oil change. The procedure for the diff oil change sounds good. As for the lower rpms check the basics and if their good I wouldnt worry about it

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
spanks...yeah, lucas stuff seems to be good...my buddy is sponsored by lucas (supercomp) and Lucas just gave him some engine oil for his diesel and its supposed to last for 15k miles...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts