GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having problems with my gear selector indicator. I put the truck in drive, but the indicator says "r" for a while then will go to "d". After driving, put it in park and the indicator line is just gone, and door won't unlock.cycle the key and the indicator is on the "p" and door unlock. Took the colum apart to check the switch(looked fine). Any other place i should be looking, checked the connections on the tranny(also seem to look good). Need help trying to figure this out. Truck is a 03 silverado ext cab, 5.3 auto 2wd. Ant suggestions

·
Ballin' on a Budget
2,113 Posts
Check the clip to the transmission. I had a quick lube break one on mine. It's a clip connecting the actual shifter line to another AFAIK.

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,533 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
My shifter is real loose and when I put it in park it doesn't show up that it's in park and I can't get my key out of the ignition. But all I have to do is push the shifter towards the front of the truck, the P lights up, and I can get my key out of the ignition.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is a little button in the steering colum to idicate you lever is in park, i have tried playing around with this button and it seem to work, my problem must be at the tranny, very slow to respond. Thanks for the suggestions, keep them coming if you think of any other things.
Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts