GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in a risk of getting my head bit off.... where is a good place to find info on setting up your own gears. pinion depth. pattern. all that. i'm trying to set up my own 14 bolt SF.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
www.ringpinion.com
it has explanations, pics of patterns, and how to on setups. Purchase the right tools and take your time. Good luck.

·
Super trash and proud
1,921 Posts
also check out crunk's gear install thread :imo

You'll have to just sift through all the BS and garbage in it to find the good info.

·
Justin @ A/T Fab
325 Posts
If you have any questions at all during the installation feel free to call me, I can help walk you through it. The biggest challenge is getting all of the tools needed if you do not already have some of them for cheaper than what it would cost to have them done!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah. i've asked both the snap on guy and the matco tools guy and niether of them knows what i'm talking about when i talk about a pinion depth gauge. all of them jus say use a dummy bearing and start at like twenty thousanths(sp) and check my back lash with a dial indicator. but i would be more than happy to take the time and money to purchase the right tools to learn, what i'm finding out, is a dieing art.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts