GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my 37 x terrains on..... need more power!

Should I gear it? about 4:56?

Or will a Super chips Programmer do the trick?

·
OG Member
4,862 Posts
Definately upgrade to the 4.56s. I myself need to. You have any pics of your truck with the 37s on? Id like to see it.

Edit: Nevermind I found your pics on another post. Looks sick!

MotoHead

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
If thats the case...Definitly gears...and I'd do it sooner rather than later, your tranny isn't going to like those gears and 37" tires.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
theyre stock...I was running 35's before and didnt really need them....

So is 4:56 a good ratio for my set up? I was told the programmer should take care of it...Was that BS? ABS wont work with the 4:56s? Thanx

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
you NEED gears :read:

i honestly do not get why people put big tires on and leave 3.73s in. its hell on the tranny.

since your truck isnt an offroader, i would consider 4.88s myself. 4.56s will be fine, but 4.88s would be optimal as far as returning your RPMs to the correct power band.

the tuner will not do anything but get your speedometer in the right spot and the tranny to shift at the right time. your tranny will still blow prematurely if you just get a tuner.

and like adam said, your stock gears are either 3.42 or 3.73. most likely they are 3.42's if you have a V8 and no trailer tow package.

i personally have 3.73's with my stock 31 inch tires and i feel that it is UNDER-geared, i think 3.90 or 4.10 would be a much more practical stock gear for 31s :bawl:

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
for your rear only expect to pay 550-600. call up outlaw offroad i hear they are good. 96chevysfa knows a place in LA somewhere to

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I went with 4:56...Im thinking about putting in a locker or limited slip while they're working on the diff, any recommendations?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got the gears installed today....they feel bad ass, its got all its power back....
I also went with an auburn limited slip, he didnt charge me extra for installation since he was already doing the gear swap... :head:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts