GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 5.3l nnbs 2wd with 7.5 rough country and 305 nitto trail grapplers which measure almost a 34". I have stock 3.73's with edge programmer. I'm fine with the power more concerned bout tranny life. I only drive my truck on weekends (work truck during week) and it's usually highway to see the gf. Is it even worth it to spend the $1k on 4.56 and trutrac? I don't offroad much and like said don't drive it much. I would rather spend money on a system if I truly am fine with running what I am now. If I do regear will it make a big difference on gas mileage?
I know this stuff has been asked before, just wanted to know for my application.

Thanks

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
in city driving it will do a lot better and yours trans will love you more. as far as the highway your mpg should only change 1-2mpg if at all. if i was you id just get a custom tune to get more hp to help move the truck, a Tru-Cool 40k and see how it stands then. if you are still wanting more then put gears but i dont think its goig to benefit you enough for the price if all you do is "cruise" around and no racing/off roading involved.
just my .02

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweet. Would much rather have system for now. Prolly do gears at a later date then. Thanks guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts