GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Farmer/Warranty Killer!
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the best place to find a forged stock bore and stroke rotating assembly? i can put it together from different companies but didn't know if there was a good company out there that has a complete kit? i have searched and searched but cant seem to find one like i like. Its going to have a t76 pushing between 10 and 20 psi on it.:killer:

·
Farmer/Warranty Killer!
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
its a gen IV 6.0l lq9 by the way.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Well, if you're going stock cubes I'd just assume use the stock crank. I've seen and heard of people making HUGE power with one... in the 1000hp range. Pistons there are tons of companies... Venolia, Ross, Diamond, Wiseco, etc, etc; just as there are tons that make rods... Eagle, Carrillo, Pauter, Manley, etc

Do you have a 14b already? I don't see a 10b taking the type of power you're wanting with 2wd launches due to weight and torque.

Do you have the 6L80E or a 4L60E still? 4L60E just won't take the amount of power you're after, ever. I don't have any idea what the 6L80E is capable as so few have it here, let alone have beat on it.

10-20psi is a BIG difference. You need to nail down more solid plans before you jump the gun. i.e. will you be fine with 550-600hp or do you need to make 900hp to have a good time.

·
Farmer/Warranty Killer!
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im going to run a flt lvl 5 4l70e which is obviously the built version of what is in it right now. as for numbers i talked to the people putting on the kit and its going to be a 12 psi tune and i am going to have a seperate 16 psi tune. so i need the internals to hold that. and i have heard of the stock cranks holding 700 and 800hp for quite sometime. and im debating on je or diamond pistons but the cc dish is what i cannot figure out. the kit by the way is going to be the trick performance with a t76 with snow water/meth injection and im going to run a different cam with either a 114 or 115 lsa. with the stock lq9 heads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts