GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
02 5.3...looking for some ideas on specs for a cam that would love to have a little bit of forced induction thrown at it...also need to know what brand to buy...where to buy from...and what all else would be needed (valve springs, etc). Looking at definately camming my new motor before it goes it...and it won't have a turbo on it when it goes in, but some sort of rear mount turbo will go on hopefully by the end of the year...so what do yall suggest??

·
Registered
411 Posts
If you are going to go turbo, get something with a reverse split.

If going SC, go something with more exhaust duration than intake and a high lsa to prevent the bleeding off of boost.

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
I run a 224/224 on a 112 lsa which is a great cam for N/A engines and it works pretty good for nitrous motors. The GT2-3 is a tried and true supercharger cam and some have put it in naturally aspirated engines with decent results. As far as turbo cams, go sorry but I can't help you out.

Come to think of it. I did absolutely no good solving your question, sorry.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
I read and saw tons of the info you wanted on CarCraft's mag man. Unless you're making H U G E power, the FI cam is bullshit.

Look at specs of other cams, then ones they recommend as "boost/spray" ones... still have the same specs across the board.

I'd just run a good med lift (.540) on a tight LSA with med duration for your heavy ass truck.

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
GT2-3 has been proven.... but the theory of FI cams is mostly BS....

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I wanted to try something different, so I stayed away from the GT2-3. Everyone told me my cam was waaay too big for my application, but it seems to run much better than others with similar combos. I'm running a 220/224:shrug:

Which form of FI are you looking at? Each blower has their sweet spot. I build boost off idle, whereas a procharger takes a while, but has more topend potential. I wouldn't expect the same results from the same cam in these 2 scenarios.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
He's eying a homebrew butt-turbo.

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
LMAO @ butt-turbo :LOL:

·
Giggity Giggity Giggity
3,169 Posts
:word: on the GT2-3 cam. Vinci makes some cams that work pretty well with FI as well. Their 216/224 or something like that is supposed to be a pretty good one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts