GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my truck just over a year ago. I was so excited to get the truck then that I never looked at the gear ratio. Of course I ended up with the 3.08. I have had enough of it even towing a 4500 lb boat. I looked at the new ones and right now I can get a new 2014 crewcab allstar edition 2wd with the 3.43 gears for around 29,000. which would put my payments about $60 lower a month, or for around 2,000 change my 3.08 to 3.73 or 4.10 and tune it. What do yall think the better route is?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The cheaper monthly payment will be due to the very low interest rate for a shorter term on the new vehicle. I'm not one of the people who walk into a dealership and tell them I want a vehicle at a certain payment.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like saying I have a 4x4 in reality with the g80 locker and traction control I have never needed the 4x4

·
Widdlefawk
599 Posts
Basing purchases on monthly payments is what poor people do.

How poor are you?
Not at all. Because;

The cheaper monthly payment will be due to the very low interest rate for a shorter term on the new vehicle. I'm not one of the people who walk into a dealership and tell them I want a vehicle at a certain payment.
Sounds like smart financial sense to get into less interest on a shorter term for a newer truck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It would be hard for me to give up the current rig for a 14. I'm not the biggest fan of the 14 anyways. Not stock at least. I've seen a few lifted and a few bagged that I liked though.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I think you should regear, I dont think the 3.43s would do that much better. I got 3.42's in my nbs and hauled two lawn mowers and i wasnt impressed at all with its towing hard to keep 65 without really getting into it on hills (i live in the hills) and downshifting on every hill, and that's with driving in 3rd! does a hair better with my cam, but still wanting 4.10's I think thatd be your best bet.

·
14' GMC Owner
483 Posts
Get a 14 I love my 14 so much more than my 09 and I bet most the guys that had a Nnbs would agree the 14 is so much better

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
Not at all. Because;

Sounds like smart financial sense to get into less interest on a shorter term for a newer truck.
This is dumb advice

Im not sure how close your 10 is to being paid off but or what you consider a short term loan.. but if your truck is a year or so from or two from being paid off it would be stupid financially to go finance another truck for an additional 3-5yrs to save 60 bucks a month. I would keep what you got regear it and enjoy no payments in near future

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
I'd get the 2014 IMO. You 2010 Is only going to depreciate further, especially now with a new body style, with good pricing on them. Get into the 2014, especially if your payments are lowered.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts