GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I just finished putting american racing headers, volant intake and getting it professionally street tuned with hp tuners by jeremy formato in tampa florida... and I love it! There is such a huge difference! I took it to the track and got it to run a 15.0 @ 92mph and that was with a 2.3 sixty foot. I think with a better launch and some good air I would definitely have a 14.8 or 14.9 in the truck.

Anyways, my question is... should I get a ported throttle body? Jeremy does them and he was talking about how the new 6.0's have a terrible "hump" in the bore of the TB and with taking that out and matching it to the intake manifold and cleaning everything else up that you see a really nice torque gain. He said there is only about a 6-7 peak hp difference, but about a 15 lb ft. of tq difference throughout the rpm range. I could be making that up, because I cant remember exactly what he said... but he did say that there was a nice torque gain. Well, its 125 bucks. Should I do it? would it put the truck solidly in the high 14's with 33's on the truck even? Right now I have stock 275 50 20's. It is a Xcab short short bed 4x4.

Thanks for the help guys!

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
I have a ported OE throttle body. It made no difference as far as I can tell, haha...

I wouldn't get your hopes up too much on big changes in any numbers, esp. dropping tenths in the quarter.

...maybe you should change your sig.?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your wish is my command! and thanks for the opinion!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts