GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I just dropped my truck off earlier today to get the gears installed along with the detroit tru trac... I ended up getting the 5.13's for my 1/2ton Chevy. I just wanted to let yall know and also I will update on how it feels once I get it back! Also, I talked to the guy thats doin the truck and he is gonna let me wathc a little bit, so I can get a feel for things with swapin gears... so hopefully he will call me tommorrow so I can go over there and check the progress out. :bowtie:

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,489 Posts
5.13s and 37s will be perfect for him

·
The suspension changer
1,658 Posts
I am really curious to see how they work out for ya. I am going to get new 5.13's and sell my 4.56s

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
I am really curious to see how they work out for ya. I am going to get new 5.13's and sell my 4.56s
Dang dude, you are getting smarter?!!? reasonable size tires AND good gears for the tires?!?!?

ok, enough sarcasm...5.13s are perfect for teh 37-38" range tires. Don't expect to drive 85, but you SHOULDN'T be driving 85 on 38s anyway how i see it.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah... im really excited guys, i cant wait to have my power back! Also, like I've said before, the fastest I would ever really go would be probably 75.. but most likely I will set her at 70 and be done with it... no downshifting, and plenty of passing power if I step on it! I cant wait!

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Good luck. O hope you like it man...... Ah I know you will...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts