GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well looks like ive found somen here a town over from me!! its a long block no accs. and i kan get a wire harness with it.....only 48000 miles. its an 04.

hopefully this one wont have ne surprises wen i actually see it in person....

where can i find my accs. im not sure what it will need exxactly but he just sed its only a "long block no accs." what do u guys think bout that? ill get the intake and pan proly but watels will i need.....

ill proly not do a rebiuld suince its so new, but ill def. put a cam in it. cold air kit. and get a black bear or wheatly tune....
what els do you guys recomend for bolt ons?

·
Registered
649 Posts
Underdrive pulley? What do you already have done to your truck?

·
Registered
11,334 Posts
Get a converter first before you run out of money. lol Thats something you should put it when you do the motor, it will save you a lot of work. Then get a cam, long tubes, exhaust, cai, tune, etc.

·
Banned
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
niiiice thanks for the responses guys....

as far as converter im thinkin ill hafta send my tranny out to have it rebuilt....its the 4l60e i think...its the one with teh 4.3v6 w/t.....i already got my corsa exhaust..

im thinkin since its got such low miles for now ill put it in have some fun with it then in the end of the winter pull it out (by then ill have a new dd to take my truck off the road) and rlly go at it, with a cam and stuff

·
Banned
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what gaers do u recomend for a street truck its not getting dragged everyweeknd or towing massive trailers....just wanna have some on the streets with it...i have 20" chrome ss rims with 275-55 tires. 4.10 would proly kill me on gas driven round town and are overkill no?

·
Registered
11,334 Posts
what gaers do u recomend for a street truck its not getting dragged everyweeknd or towing massive trailers....just wanna have some on the streets with it...i have 20" chrome ss rims with 275-55 tires. 4.10 would proly kill me on gas driven round town and are overkill no?
4.10 for sure. Those are big ass tires. You will get better mileage in town with 4.10s than with 3.73s.

·
GMFS Member
1,034 Posts
4.10s or 4:30s depends on what gears you currently have in there...either way you will gain on the city...and lose a little bit on the hwy...so it balances out..

If you have 3.73s going to 4.10s wont be much of a difference...

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
Frankie, go 4.10s. you're going to get better gas mileage with a 6.0 anyways compared to that V6 shit box.

·
GMFS Member
1,034 Posts
Just look at your RPO code....located in your glove box:

GQ1 -- AXLE REAR, STD RATIO
GT4 -- AXLE REAR, 3.73 RATIO
GT5 -- AXLE REAR, 4.10 RATIO
GU4 -- AXLE REAR, 3.08 RATIO
GU5 -- AXLE REAR, 3.23 RATIO
GU6 -- AXLE REAR, 3.42 RATIO
G80 -- AXLE REAR, LIMITED SLIP (POSITRACTION)
And last but not least:
HC4 -- AXLE REAR, 4.56 RATIO

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
nahh i think i got lower than 3.73's......i got the 4.3 now and i herd they had a different set from other 1500's

LOL, not likely bub.

·
Banned
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
rllly.....i drove my buddys truck with 3.73's and it was completly difffffferent from mine but i dont know soo i was jus going off that....

i guess 4.10s got it...i just read another thread on gears and he was happy with em.

what converter would i be lookin into?

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
any idea what cam you plan on running? if you do run something other than the stock one?

if i were you, i'd go no smaller than a 3,200rpm stall.

are you gonna be at the Falmouth show? i can give you some advice at that.

·
Banned
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
wens this falmoth show?

i do wanna put a cam in it...

the only thing is rite now i only got my truck so i needa daily to hold my truck up for a while. i think after talkin to nick ima put the engine in now with CAI, custom tune, and headers back exhaust....that will be insane for me since im usta a 4.3 lol

then next spring yank it out and throw a cam, and shit in it!

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
it won't take long to put a cam, springs, and pushrods in the motor while it's on an engine stand. it would be MUCH easier to do it before you put it in the truck.

and the Falmouth show is at the end of August. go into the "Events" section.

·
Banned
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ooo yea...well then now this time ive got some notice lol ill c wat i can do...i just read thrue the thread on lpp headers...im sold! wen its ti for a set im down for them...price is awsome compared to others and i saw a vid of a guys sounded badddd ass.

how do u think theyll sound on a corsa touring? itll be lpp headers y pipe (to x pipe?) to corsa mufffler threee inch tail pipes 45'd out the back, im gonna have the exhaust shop make a custom y for the tailpipes since it is single 3 inch outlet...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts