GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this is the last straw. I was drivin to work at 5:40 this morning doing 70mph. All of a sudden my Hub Assembly decides it wants to come off, so there it goes. Luckly the bolts on the caliper held it on long enough for me to get to the side of the road and slow down. Then the tow truck finally came at 10:00. And while we were trying to get it up onto the tow truck the mounts on the spindle that hold the caliper on snap. Which causes the tire to completely fall off and smash my fender. So now its at a shop needing a new spindle, hub assembly, Disc, Caliper, brake line, and fender work. I think this is the last straw. I felt like someone died when my truck broke and i love it to death, but i think i'm gonna trade it in for a Cummins

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
cummings are awesome, thats about the only part on the dodge that is though. Get ready to have a hell of an engine, a shitty tranny and cheap rest of the truck :read: (unless you get the manual, then you got a good tranny as well!)

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Yeah, go for the manual if u don't plan on gettin a new tranny soon after the warrenty runs out...badass motors...too bad they put them in dodges tho...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Definately steer clear of the automatics. I had 2 dodges before my silvy. The first one was a reg cab dak with 4.7 auto. It would haul ass, but I "needed/wanted" a bigger cab. Endedup trading for a quad cab. Tranny didn't feel very good from the start. It died (luckily under warranty) 3400 for just the tranny. When I got it back the new tranny felt pretty touchy.

Definatly go manual! Manual diesel :head:

·
Wheel guy
700 Posts
Fabtech lifts suck........I had a very similar incident with my 01 2wd. The wheel, tire, brake, hub flew off my truck when I was going 75 on the freeway. Lucky for me, nobody was hurt except for my truck......which needed a new fender, caliper, turned the rotor, new hub, repaired wheel, new pads.......and a ton of other work. DONT GO FABTECH.

·
2,451 Posts
Lifted00Z71 said:
I don't think they offer an auto with the new Cummins.
thats good, it will save some trouble. you can improve the autos with kits from some of those diesel performance places.

·
5,501 Posts
you shouldn't have to improve the tranny on a stock motor tho...

·
Registered
787 Posts
im thinking seriously about selling my hoe, and getting the 7.3 diesel f-350 4x4 6 speed, only because a hell of a deal, and i mean hell of a deal is approaching..............

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
DaHoe4x4Ag said:
im thinking seriously about selling my hoe, and getting the 7.3 diesel f-350 4x4 6 speed, only because a hell of a deal, and i mean hell of a deal is approaching..............
I am about to do the same thing. I am already approved just gotta find it. I found one in Tomball but that salesman is giving me the run around.

·
5,501 Posts
snigbertese said:
yea, but if hes smart he would chip it :crazy:
yeah, but for the 95% of people that buy a truck and don't modify them at all, its still kinda puttin them out when they have to drop their truck off at the dealership to get it worked on cuz the tranny is a POS...really not fun if its ur only transportation...chrylser needs to learn how to build a damn tranny...hell, even the one in my moms 97 jeep GC is aready actin funny...was before i started drivin it a yr ago w/ only 50K miles on it...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.