GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ever since i got the truck it takes about 2 times of turning the key to get it started.... i was thinkning maybe it was the fuel pump.... and lately its been getting harder to start.. . like more times of turning the key and making it catch....

any ideas of what the problem is?...

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
ah trouble turning over? then starter sounds more likely to me. I would follow the wire from the batt to the starter and make sure connections are good.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Check fuel pressure too, could be a shitty regulator or a clogged filter...

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea, ive been meaning to check the regulator.... i changed the filter awhile ago, and that didnt help....

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it was cranking at the same speed all the time... until recently... the past few days, it has been cranking a little bit slower...

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
welll..... it finally didnt start.... all i get is a very fast repetive ticking.. like its the ignition system

its going ticktickticktickticktickticktickticktick hella fast

need ideas...

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
how old is that battery again? and the starter? Might try stealing a battery from someone and putting it in to see if that solves it.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
onyx said:
welll..... it finally didnt start.... all i get is a very fast repetive ticking.. like its the ignition system

its going ticktickticktickticktickticktickticktick hella fast

need ideas...
starter for sure, go bang on it and you may get 1 mrpoe start out of it to get you to the parts store.

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the starter is in the lower left part of the engine bay, looking in from the front, right?

and its an optima yellow top, i just put it in in may.

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Dark Eternal said:
starter for sure, go bang on it and you may get 1 mrpoe start out of it to get you to the parts store.
:word:

Get you a new starter. Check the battery and have them test the Alternator just to make sure it is working properly.

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok i think its the battery.... other than explaining the problem to blownchevy and him telling me a million times that its the battery....

i just went and tried rolling up my windows... and good lord... they took so long to roll up... definetly the battery... i wonder if i have a short somewhere that would be draining it? maybe the crack in the top of my battery isnt good either..

1 - 20 of 29 Posts