GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where the hell do I get it done at? I have called the three major dealers around here and none of them can do it, One told me that it can't be done and two said that they would have to send it off. I am getting pissed, please help.

·
The power of beer
306 Posts
Yep, that is what I did. I took it to the dealer and they sent it to their electronics place to have it programmed. I believe it took about a week from when I took it to them. It was $50 bucks plus shipping but they forgot to charge me for shipping, and I just happened not to tell them. :D

·
Registered
406 Posts
Do you have anyone that you can borrow a car from for a few days? I am borrowing my dads z28 next week to get this done. I have found a place in Carrollton, TX ie: Dallas for all practical purposes. They do the swap for 45 bucks. But you have to send them both instrument clusters to do so. There is some other stuff too. PM me if you want the phone number to this place. The name is Autocraft Electronics. They told me that if I sent it UPS Next day mail, they would return it UPS Next day mail the exact same day they recieve the cluster. So, I'm looking at 3 days without my truck. Hope this helps. There are other places that can do it too, but be prepared to spend as little as 150 to 350 bucks.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I had the guys up at Speed-O-Tech do mine. They did it in about 30 min. to an hour and I just waited in the parking lot for it. Done deal.

·
Just Cruz'n
133 Posts
Same here I just went over to Speed-O-Tach they swaped the milage over and I installed the new cluster in their parking lot.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Well, it would be a little difficult for me to drive out to Speedotech to get this done. There is only like this one place in the state of Texas that does this work, at least for less than 150 bucks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts