GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is a trick we used to do when i worked for a detail company that would go to used car lots and clean and fix their products...

anyway...
1. find the burn.
2. cut it out... carefully.... try to keep the cut as the same circumfrence of the burn.
3. shave up another part of the carpet with a razor, preferably in a less noticeable spot.... as in just run it across the top to get the loose carpet fibers up... (you wont even be able to tell that you took fiber from that part.)
4. take some super glue and put it it in the hole you cut the burn out of.
5. take loose fibers from shaving and put on glue. use corner of razor to push fibers into glue.
6. let dry and enjoy.

hope this helps some peeps out... if it ever looks like its starting to come loose just cut the glue out and repeat. it usually lasts about 6 months or so... depends on how many people you have in your vehicle...

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
I'm not a smoker...but thats a cool tip right there. Thanks for the advice! I know a few people with a ton of burns in their vehicles i'll have to relay this to :anitoof:

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Yeah I always done that to my old truck on the door panels. Haven't done this one, Thank God! But it's also a good thing I have those Trenz billet door panels!

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Best thing, is just not to smoke in the truck... A truck that has been smoked in, has the worst smell to it in the world...LOL In the summer its even worse...

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
definetly..

anyone who pulls out a cig in my truck gets a :slap: on the back of their head.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts