GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
she ran a best of [email protected] i still need to get some tuning done to tweek it some more. and i was running the z06 maf. i will get it tweeked some more and see if i can get to the 13's n/a. it was very hot and muggy. :devil:

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
your truck was running strong lance, with better weather, im sure you would have pulled alot faster times. I'll try and get the pics uploaded tonight.

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Sweet, 13s are close... :D

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Gettin there...i bet if you did have cooler, dryer weather, you would have been even quicker...still, 14.3 is fast for a big ol heavy ext cab truck.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Denali, you said that you were running a z06 MAF. I have been thinking about this for my truck. Is this a plug and play setup or did you have to make some modifications to use this setup?

·
Registered
406 Posts
02denali said:
i removed it and went back to stock. $50.00 and it is yours.

Did you just not notice any noticable gains or what?

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
you need to be pushing almost 500 hp to notice any gains with a bigger MAF... thats why i laugh when people buy the crapatelli MAF's.. its a waste of money...

·
Registered
406 Posts
Oh, I definitely wouldn't spend the money to buy a granatelli. Thats just rediculous. I'm not pushing anywhere near 500 hp but for 50 bucks I thought that the Z06 MAF might be a little worth it. I could just be plain wrong.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i think the Z06 is good for the upper rpm's. i did lose a timy bit of throttle response down low. but it does run good up top. :head:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well going to see allen tomorrow. going to tweek some more and then go back to the track tomorrow night. i will post up hopefully better times. :head:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts