GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
GMFS Senior Member
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, finally uncovered the truck and started doing some body work again. right now im working on shaving the rear lights and molding in the caddi's. more pics as i progress.
taillights002.jpg

taillights001.jpg

·
Registered
131 Posts
Sweet cant wait to see more pitcures of the progress and finished product. Should be awesome man. Keep up the work and the pics.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Not trying to be a jerk or anything, but it looks as if the fillers aren't that great of a fit. The top looks rolled in quite a bit, and there's a nasty gap in the top right corner. Good luck with it, and I hope the end result turns out like you want it to.

Chris
Acro Texas

·
Registered
252 Posts
Not trying to be a jerk or anything, but it looks as if the fillers aren't that great of a fit. The top looks rolled in quite a bit, and there's a nasty gap in the top right corner. Good luck with it, and I hope the end result turns out like you want it to.

Chris
Acro Texas
I'm going to have to agree with Chris. Man I hope those turn out good, they look like a terrible fit?? What brand are those? I'm going to be doing this to my truck soon, and I have been looking/reading for the best fillers to buy.

·
attention whore
708 Posts
it's hard to tell from here, but it looks like it's on there upside down. can't wait to see how it'll turn out! do you have a photoshop of what you're doing?

·
GMFS Senior Member
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
more pics...the fitmant wasn't too bad. they are coming out pretty good to me so far. on the last pic, light isn't in all the way, i have to make room behind it for the light socket. i'll keep updating as i progress

taillights003.jpg

taillights004.jpg

taillights010.jpg

·
Registered
419 Posts
its looking so far

·
Dem People
5,664 Posts
Gonna be sweet!

·
Registered
812 Posts
That filler definately looks like it is upside down. How much room is there between the top of the light and the bed rail? It looks to be real close.

I'm going to have to agree with Chris. Man I hope those turn out good, they look like a terrible fit?? What brand are those? I'm going to be doing this to my truck soon, and I have been looking/reading for the best fillers to buy.
When I did mine i bought a set from FBI for about $40 and they fit horribly. It would have been more work to make those fit than I cared for so I bought new ones from Grant and they fit so much better but weren't perfect.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Hey man did you get my PM?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts