GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Original Members
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
slowly getting my 56 ready for primer and paint. tear down was a bitch. going back mostly original paint but with gold pearl in the white and red pearl in the red. ill post more after i shoot it. enjoy

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Its gonna look badass. That's the kinda car you drive around town wearing an old golf hat, wife beater while smoking a corn cob pipe.
Good luck.

·
Original Members
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Original Members
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
379 Posts
Are you looking for the paint to hold up for awhile? I wouldn't have went with omni otherwise. For a couple hundred more you could have went with a little better quality paint.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I've never sprayed deltron, but I've sprayed PPG and liked it. I spray Glasurit and RM on customer cars and Love it, but I doubt you wanna spend 2K in materials.

·
Original Members
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Are you looking for the paint to hold up for awhile? I wouldn't have went with omni otherwise. For a couple hundred more you could have went with a little better quality paint.
ive used omni many times and never have had a problem with it holding up, but thanks for your concern.

·
Original Members
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sweet dude keep pics coming, my dad has a fully self-restored '56 Holiday 4door. Its the original white/beige color with everything 100% restored, he's finally done now that im 18!
badass dude, this one is a super 88 holiday as well. post up some pics of it.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Thats pretty cool....we have a 51' Olds 98 Convertable that I cant wait to have done. Its gonna have a 95 caprice police car frame, drivetrain, LT1, etc.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts