GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a problem with getting all of my speakers to work at once!:flame:

'06 Crew Cab Factory everything and the sound jumps from different speakers depending on which way I am turning/moving/tilting my head. I know it is a short but is my best bet to start at the radio or at the doors. I know it is happening on both front speakers.

·
Registered
45 Posts
If the 06 speakers are anything like the 07 up ones they tend to do that, it's the voice coil and not the wiring. I don't think the RR in my 07 played for a month, the FL played on and off for the last two years until I replaced all the speakers last week. Seems pretty common.

·
Premium Member
7,892 Posts
Yeah, if the speakers are going bad, it's possible it's making a connection till you hit a bump or something and knocking it into a connect or disconnect at the coil.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well if that is the case I guess I need to find a new set of fronts. Not real worried about the rears at the moment. I plan to ditch the truck within a year so I don't want to spend much.

I worked with Kicker, JL, and Polk. If I just pick up a decent set of 6.5 by one of these guys I should be good to go. Anyone else have any other options? I know the front set are components but not sure if I want to spend the extra money and definitely don't want to amp them (thats the only way I have run aftermarket components before).

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just did the Polk DXi's, components in the front and coax in the rear. They have a good clean sound, but aren't near as eff. as the stock speakers. I'd go where you can listen to different brands and pick the set that plays loudest/sounds best on the same source. The fronts play full range piggybacked off the tweeters, so coax's will do fine if you plan on selling the truck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts