GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After going through Tahoes, Suburbans, obs crew cabs… I finally own the truck I’ve wanted all along. It’s a little higher in miles, but very clean for what it is.

2005 Sierra SLT, 5.3, G80, no rust, clean history

Here it is at purchase, December 10, 2021

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It was already debadged so the next step was a slight crank on the bars, remove bolt on stuff. I decided to keep the chrome side molding, maybe replace it soon 🤷🏼‍♂️

December 12, 2021

On February 20, boxes started showing up and I decided to hide them in storage away from the fiancée

I know I’ll get some crap about RC lifts, but looking at instructions, I didn’t want to stack blocks like Superlift, and I didn’t want a torsion drop like a majority of the others.

Anyways, saved up some cash and took my fiancée on a “random” trip to Seattle… along the way 4 new boxes caught a ride home with me

I got all 4, new in box, only 1 box opened for $1000 so I couldn’t complain. Spent the rest of that weekend devoted to showing her the sights of Seattle.

March 2 another notice came to me to stop by my local Fedex. It appears a shipment from Customoffsets arrived.

After looking at weights, lug spacing, siping, and lastly cost… I decided to try to go with Landspider Wildtraxx MT tires. Still rang in at $1500 but that was tolerable. For size, I had luck with 37s on my old LB7 so I crossed my fingers that they would fit my 1500.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The prep work done, and a buddy and I decided to March 4th (punny) onto installing the lift. 5 hours between 2 of us, even including the new hubs, CVs, and NorCal mod.

A few days before that, installed the black out c bar headlights and they lasted a week or two and I couldn’t stand them. The day I put them in, I ordered new ones.

That brings us current minus the rock lights my fiancée bought me. I’ll be adding 16 white lights soon also.

Next, window tint, roof wrap, color matched handles, chrome and color match 14-18 tow mirrors, repaint front clip…

· Registered
969 Posts
Very nice truck, I was worried about the black push bar on the front, but looks like you had the same idea.

The tires seem a little large for the lift to me and you mentioned having the same size on your LB7. The 2500 and 3500 trucks sit about 2 inches higher on the frame, so that might explain it.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why the roof wrap out of curiosity?
The paint has peeled on top, so I’m going to wrap it back

Very nice truck, I was worried about the black push bar on the front, but looks like you had the same idea.

The tires seem a little large for the lift to me and you mentioned having the same size on your LB7. The 2500 and 3500 trucks sit about 2 inches higher on the frame, so that might explain it.
It’s weird but I rubbed almost the same on both trucks, here’s my old LB7 in comparison

· Registered
1999 Silverado ECSB 6.0
1,247 Posts
Mine did the same thing on the roof. Let me know how it turns out as that is a route I have thought about taking.
You probably have more paint than I do though lol

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here’s the bumper I color matched to the truck

Then I added the shackles and lights as well
2” spacers

SHE THICK!!

And color matched handles, with my girls new Tahoe build when we picked it up

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry I haven’t been keeping up to date y’all been slammed with work, it’s hay season. I did manage to build up the Tahoe for my girl though so that’s a plus. Got it on 35s now, running but I’m sure I can turn the bars up a touch and fix it

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not too long ago my dad rolled his Suburban, at 79 years old, getting tboned passenger side, he still managed to walk away with only minor injuries

Almost a year later I bought him a new GM for his 80th birthday because I could and he deserves it.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My next move was to build that SUV for my girl. She had a Jeep and while it was decent, she liked off-roading a little, but I learned its downfalls very quick after She hit a tree on my birthday and nearly totaled it. I learned the front bumper is a plastic cover on the grand Cherokee, not even a styrofoam s so the Tahoe you seen earlier got bigger to help avoid them jumping trees

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So this is where things take a turn… I’m bored with it. Not sure what to do next or if I should do anytime at all but drive it…

The family shot, my truck, dads (with wheels he chose and bought in his own), my oldest brothers that bought one after dad got his, then my girls lifted Tahoe

· Registered
1999 Silverado ECSB 6.0
1,247 Posts
Oh well then sell it if you want.

But if you want something reliable then get something reliable first and then work on a vehicle that isn't your daily.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts