GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am new and I just got done using the search button but can't find what I'm looking for. See I have a 2000 Silverado 5.3 with just a flowmaster 40 series single in dual out muffler and I'm starting to think it is to quiet. It sounds good and all, but I want to be noticed. I was thinking about getting a Cherry Bomb Glass pack just a glass pack and keeping my stock cat on. I don't wnat it to sound like horrible, cracklin loud, just a nice loud. I know this kid that had no cats on his truck with dual glasspacks and it was like a bad loud, when he would let off it would pop and it just got him in major trouble. But I figured if I kept my cats on that it wouldn't be as loud. What's your guys opinion on what I should get?

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
if you leave your cats on, it won't crackle and pop as much, but it'll still do it. I had glasspacks with cats once and though it sounded great below 3k rpms, anything above that was entirely too raspy for my tastes.

·
My Dixie Wrecked
5,510 Posts
Run straights and keep the cat. It'll definately add more sound. Don't do true duals tho if you don't want the popping.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can you punch out your cats and not harm the truck any or is that bad? I heard on the newer vehcles you can't punch out the cats. I did it to my old truck but that was a 93.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts