GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and "Matt Who" are trying to swap consoles with each other. He wants my middle seat console and I'm getting his 03 floor console. He has to have my middle part of the lower dash and when I went to take it out it's all one part glove box and all. It looks like the glove box is on there with rivets and can not be taken off. I also need his part that goes around the glove box too but his is probably riveted too. We hate to gid rid of each other's glove box's cause of the vin numbers and paint codes. Anybody know anything about this for the 03's? Here's some pics of our's too.

Matt Who
dash.gif

console.gif

03 Carbondogg
IMG_0145.gif

IMG_0160.gif

IMG_0165.gif

IMG_0162.gif

·
Registered
33 Posts
Y2KSierra said:
Looks like you'd have to swap gloveboxes as well...
It wouldn't be a big deal if there was a way to get the glove box door off as that is where the stickers are but it seems the hinge uses rivets instead of just screws.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Well its not hard at all to do... take a drill bit that is smaller then the rivet and drill the rivet out. I did that to mine to sand and paint so that everything is painted when you open the box and whatnot..

Just drill out the 2 rivets on the black henge and then rivet them back on... Simple :read:

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anybody know what socket fits those star shaped bolts for the seats?

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found out what they're were. I used 11mm and 15mm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts