GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Broke
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the badges off the tailgate, assuming I wouldnt have this crap to deal with.

Anyone know of an easy way to remove the old glue and help get rid of the shadows?

·
Registered
328 Posts
WD40, OOPS or Goof Off will work. You can find OOPS and Goof Off at Wally World. You will still need to use elbow grease...that sticky crap is not easy. Remember to wax and buff when you gett all that crap off.

AK4wheeler

·
Registered
44 Posts
Spend the $10 and get an Eraser Wheel from your local auto parts store. They work magic for this sort of stuff.

·
GMFS Veteran Member
304 Posts
turtle wax bug and tar remover...its in a spray like windex bottle. pep boys, o reillys even walmart should have it...30 bucks for the eraser wheel at napa and i never ended up using it :nono:

·
Rest in Pieces
2,362 Posts
I used a generic foaming bathroom cleaner on mine. Did a great job and didn't damage the paint or any plastics. Had no eraser wheel handy and it still only took ~45 minutes to debadge the whole truck.

·
Respect mah authoritah!
11,152 Posts
i usually urinate in a bottle and then use that. free and gives u an excuse to drink beer :cheers:

·
GMFS Veteran Member
304 Posts

this stuff will eat it up. but DO NOT get it on any plastic!!
not that stuff, "Bug and Tar Remover" it comes in a spray bottle and doesnt mess with the clear coat. thats what i used and it took it right off and i didnt even buff afterwards, just washed it.

·
Broke
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, eraser wheel did the job. Tried goo gone, wd40, and others. Took me 4 stores to find the wheel, but finally found it at carquest.......$40!!!!! :(
But it took me literally 5 minutes to finish, then clay bar-ed and waxed. Looks good!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.