GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- General Motors CEO Dan Akerson said his company and his industry would be helped, not hurt, if consumers paid higher gas taxes.

In an interview published in Tuesday's Detroit News, Akerson floated the idea of a $1 a gallon increase in the gas tax as a way to encourage buyers to purchase smaller, more fuel efficient cars. Greg Martin, spokesman for GM's Washington office, confirmed that the quotes reflect Akerson's and GM's view.

Akerson said he would support a jump in the gas tax if it came instead of tighter fuel economy regulations that GM (GM, Fortune 500) and other automakers will have to meet in coming years. By the year 2025, automakers could be forced to hit fuel economy averages of as much as 62 mpg.
Rest of article: http://money.cnn.com/2011/06/07/news/companies/gm_gas_tax_hike/

You guys should read some of these people's comments under the article. Get rid of 4x4, discontinue AWD, why do we even need trucks, etc. Also, I don't know what GM's CEO is smokin'.

·
North Raised, South Bound
4,376 Posts
http://www.aperture-m.com/images/Funny%20pictures/******-tree.jpg

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Is he that confident in GM's ability to compete in the good gas mileage market or are those new restrictions really that bad? :think:

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
fucking absurd in every way possible.

there are very few things that anger me more than enviromentalists.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Tree hugging, prius driving dumbfucks :biggun:

If I'm paying for fuel, no matter the price, I have the right to drive my 10mpg vehicle

·
Registered
656 Posts
Rest of article: http://money.cnn.com/2011/06/07/news/companies/gm_gas_tax_hike/

You guys should read some of these people's comments under the article. Get rid of 4x4, discontinue AWD, why do we even need trucks, etc. Also, I don't know what GM's CEO is smokin'.
Ugh....what a stupid fuck! As for the comments obviously those individuals forget the guys who mow their lawn....fix their plumbing...build their home...tow their broke ass volt etc need trucks. FACEPALM!!!!!!!!!

·
Pro Installz
1,047 Posts
They just want to take the preassure off them about meeting new regulations. Like our country needs to be focused on epa ratings when we are going in the toilet anyway.

·
mud racing
155 Posts
Fuck the environmentalists and fuck the CEO as well. Luckily my Yukon is pretty much a toy vehicle. I drive a 85 Jetta NA Diesel everday pushing 50MPG. If it starts going to high I'll just make my own damn bio diesel, that way I can save my money and put it into my gas hog of toy and still get to pollute at my own liesure. Fucking jerkoffs.
Going out to car now to crank injection pump up so I can blow more black smoke

·
Is a ba
72 Posts
Fuck him.

·
MILF lover
4,086 Posts
so in 15 years they need to delete every vehicle in the GM lineup besides the volt and start over. sounds like a real good plan. i dont give a fuck ill still drive a 15 year old vehicle getting 15 mpg all modded up and my dad will still drive his 50 year old camaro getting single digits and loving every second of it.

·
Banned
33 Posts
:rofl: @ this guy thinking its difficult to reach the 62 MPG mark by 2025 when almost all the foreign guys are already pushing the 70+ mark, on most of their platforms.

"ITS TOO HARD!" ...so lets just destroy the market share we have and try and compete with them through making gas prices higher! That'll make them buy American!

·
Candy Corn Harvester...
6,656 Posts
no wonder GM almost went under :nono: I am really reconsidering buying a new truck from these fucking cocksuckers. unreal, i honestly can't believe that, what a fuckity fuck fuck!

·
JUGS Racing
1,199 Posts
Leaving a comment.

EDIT: Ghey, your comment has to pass through a mod first before it shows up. My comment isn't gonna show up.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Shit if this is true the last year they make trucks ill get me a 3500HD Dually and put stacks on that bitch and blow black smoke everywhere and rock the hell out of it for the rest of my life :biggun:

·
GMFS Senior Member
3,237 Posts
:rofljest:

What on earth are you guys worrying over?! Even if the gas tax were raised substantially people won't stop driving trucks and companies won't stop making them.

Sent from my ADR6200 ERIS using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 58 Posts