GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
cracker ass fantastic
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if stock 1500 or 2500 keys will work to lift a Ford f-150 like ford keys will lift a GM. I have done about 9 sets of keys on GM's and was curious as to whether anyone thinks they might work....also does anyone know if the stock 1500 or 2500 keys will work to lift a newer sanoma s-10? We're trying to see if everything is innerchangable with one another haha

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
They'll fit the ford BUT, all the F-150's crank their stock keys and get a good bit of lift. The bad thing is that their cv angles are horrible and they tear up the joints in no time. I got a buddy who has replaced both of his twice in a year and his aren't even cranked all the way. Dont think that they will fit the s-10s and sonomas. They have different size torsion bars.

·
cracker ass fantastic
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They'll fit the ford BUT, all the F-150's crank their stock keys and get a good bit of lift. The bad thing is that their cv angles are horrible and they tear up the joints in no time. I got a buddy who has replaced both of his twice in a year and his aren't even cranked all the way. Dont think that they will fit the s-10s and sonomas. They have different size torsion bars.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Never heard of anyone putting the GM keys in a ford. I really dont think you could gain anymore lift with them because the ford keys already max the suspension out.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
What years in fords had the torsion bars?

oh and hey HighSierra, do you have any more pics of your new sierra? Its purdy :D

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Never heard of anyone putting the GM keys in a ford. I really dont think you could gain anymore lift with them because the ford keys already max the suspension out.
if anything, half ton keys would lower the truck. 3/4 ton keys would be even worse...

GM half tons use ford keys for more indexing...3/4 ton GMs use 1/2 ton gm keys for more indexing...and more indexing = more lift.

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,655 Posts
if anything, half ton keys would lower the truck. 3/4 ton keys would be even worse...

GM half tons use ford keys for more indexing...3/4 ton GMs use 1/2 ton gm keys for more indexing...and more indexing = more lift.

x2 w/ a :word: thrown in for good measure

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I believe the 97-03 f-150s had torsion bars. I dont have any new pics yet but i plan on taking some soon.
I think my friends dads truck has coil springs... in fact i know it does.. and its an 03 FX4... huh... i dunno.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
03 f250's and 350s had coils up front, in 2003, they still had the obs and all of those trucks had torsion bars. They didnt have coils until they changed the body style in 2004. Here is a pic of the 97-2003 body style.
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
yeah his is a half ton... maybe i am mistaken though...

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts

thats what I was thinking. If ford keys lift a chevy, then I would assume chevy keys would lower a ford

1 - 13 of 13 Posts