Keep it Low.
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.modbee.com/breakingnews/story/704709.html

Local - Breaking News
Friday, May. 15, 2009
GM terminating about 1,100 dealer franchises
The Associated Press

NEW YORK -- General Motors is telling about 1,100 dealers their franchises will be terminated late next year.

GM's action Friday comes just a day after crosstown rival Chrysler announced it will drop 789 of its roughly 3,200 dealerships. Both companies have too many dealerships for too few sales and are slashing costs as they restructure.

·
Keep it Low.
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know but I will take a ZR-1 and a 6.2L six speed crew cab ha ha . . .

·
Registered
207 Posts
The dealerships that got the notice today are being told they are not renewing their contract in October 2010. I think they have until then to sell all of their inventory.

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
The dealerships that got the notice today are being told they are not renewing their contract in October 2010. I think they have until then to sell all of their inventory.
Shit is going to go for cheap. I want to trade my truck in now. :LOL:

M

·
0 Posts
Do you think they'll have the time to worry about prosecuting if I go purloin a couple new vehicles from a closing location? :D

·
meow
15,748 Posts
Do you think they'll have the time to worry about prosecuting if I go purloin a couple new vehicles from a closing location? :D

Well techincally it wouldn't be a legal entity anymore... so how can they sue :crazy:

Westside Chevorlet has ext cab silvys for 14995 :whoa: I'm sure an LT 4x4 is still 35K :jester:

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
I wonder what the breakdown looks like as far as which brand dealers will be closed....I hope mine doesn't close :bawl:

·
Ballin on a Budget
515 Posts
We got our letter today but the owner is out of town till this evening so IDK what will happen! we have had this info for about 1 month now and just speculation about what dealers will be closed.....our small place being one of those!

I hope not but not too much reason to show why we would stay!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts