GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm lookin to get a torsion bar key lift for my truck but I don't know what would look best honestly. But here's the thing. I wanna keep the stock aluminum wheels on it and want to go with a set if 285/75/16 on the truck and I dot know if I should go with a 3" key in the from and a 1" block or a 2" block in the rear. Any opinions would be great along with some pics to see what it would look like. Thanks

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
Take a look at the first page of my build thread..... Different setups and pics.

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=262112

Let me know if you have any questions! :shake:

Edit: here's a pic with the PYOs and 285/75/16s. Front stock keys cranked up, rear 1" block.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What kind of 3" performence accessories lift did you do the first time you lifted? 3" keys and 2" blocks? Cause the way it looks in the pic with the 3" is basically what I'm tryin to go for.

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
3" PA is a 3" body lift.

Green keys (stock 1/2 ton keys) leveled with 2" rear blocks, 305/70/16s. This was probably my favorite setup.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It looks pretty good with a body lift. But I'm not to much of a fan of them. I'm lookin to check out the torsion bar key lift and a 2" block to give it a little height.

·
i like interco
3,269 Posts
If you aren't talking 35s I don't want to talk
*cranked stock keys on h2s*

IMG_20130310_080503_073_zps48f53457.jpg

But here's some 33s just for comparison

IMG_20140218_100037_zpsrn6uxsme.jpg

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
It looks pretty good with a body lift. But I'm not to much of a fan of them. I'm lookin to check out the torsion bar key lift and a 2" block to give it a little height.
Yeah, I wouldn't "suggest" it. Too much frame shows on HDs which already show a good bit of frame. And, the hitch hangs down and looks out of place.

With gap guards, freshly black painted frame, and steps like NFabs it helps "hide" the BL.

And, yes. On stock PYOs you could run up to a 315/75/16.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool. After looking at your 305s I think I might go with a set of those. But just want to raise the truck enough without making it to tall. Lol. Do you think a 3" key and 2" blocks would look ok with some 305s?

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
That's what is in my pic above..... 305s. BFGs run alittle small, so other brands may look alittle bigger in the wheelwells.

Don't waste your money on expensive "leveling keys". They all do the same thing. More index for more crank. Find someone with stock 1/2 ton keys (green keys) and get them cheap. The higher you crank the more accelerated the wear will be on front end parts and the ride is gonna suffer, so be warned of that. Longer, aftermarket shocks should be next on your list as the stockers won't be long enough for cranked "leveling keys".

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Every time I see your truck, it makes me reconsider doing a 3" body lift on my HD. I have steps and rear liners already, would just need to make a gap filler for the hitch and something for front fenders.

Only things I'm worried about if I body lift now are the steering shaft, the radiator fan, and the manual transfer case lever. Do you have e fans on yours? And what did you do for bumper lift? Did you get the brackets or did you rig up your own method?

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
I honestly think the hitch is the worst looking part.... My filler plate looks "ok" sometimes and other times just looks so out of place IMO. I still want to get flush mount led aux lights and mount them in it. I had lights cut in my first hitch filler that fit with the OEM hitch. They're now mounted up behind the bumper angled down.

I bought the complete 3" PA BL kit and gap guards. The steering shaft just has an extension. The gas tank has a fill tube extension. And, they give you brackets to lower the bottom half of the factory fan shroud and transmission cooler. The kit came with front and rear bumper brackets as well.

I don't have e-fans... But, would like to do them at some point. I'd also like to get the rear wheel well liners to see how they look.

Sometimes I consider going back to a leveled + 3" BL height and running 35s again. Would keep me from having to go through with regearing, which I have the rear 4.88s sitting here already. But, I think I'm just "bored with it".... Everytime I drive it lifted up on the 38s it puts a smile on my face and the looks/compliments I get makes it all worthwhile! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
876 Posts
Why wouldn't you just run your lift decranked minus BL? Duhhh

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
Why wouldn't you just run your lift decranked minus BL? Duhhh
I could.... And, it would ride way better than a BL and cranked/leveled setup for sure! But, if I was tearing it apart, I've considered pulling the Cognito off instead bc of a higher resale value. Used 3" BL has no real "market"....

I probably won't do anything.... It'll probably continue to just sit in my driveway while I drive and mod the RCSB. :crazy:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Lift keys, no block in rear. 265/75/16
20130126_130420.jpg

I think I had the 1 inch blocks in back in these pictures...

Switching to 285/70/17 tires (Front)

20130316_163443_zps62111f74.jpg

285/70/17 leveled with one inch block in back.
100_8555_zps31adf67b.jpg

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm liking what I'm see I'm seeing so far. So maybe I should go with leveling keys for a 3" and maybe a 1" block. Maybe 2" and some 285/75/16.

·
cunts
2,743 Posts
Maxed out stock keys and 285/75/16

1 - 17 of 17 Posts