GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the difference between a GMC and Chevy besides the exterior appearance? I just dont really know what is it that they do different on GMC's that its Proffesional Grade Engineering?

·
GMFS founding member
4,012 Posts
Egrajeda said:
I just dont really know what is it that they do different on GMC's that its Proffesional Grade Engineering?
nothing more than a marketing tool, and a blatant lie :imo but it works pretty good at conning consumers.

i like the commercial where the car parts are falling into the field because the engineer is throwing ideas into the trash can. yeah, there goes your drivers side grab handle. and your functional sunvisors. they spend more marketing their garbage than they spend engineering it.

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
hovisimo said:
nothing more than a marketing tool, and a blatant lie :imo but it works pretty good at conning consumers.

i like the commercial where the car parts are falling into the field because the engineer is throwing ideas into the trash can. yeah, there goes your drivers side grab handle. and your functional sunvisors. they spend more marketing their garbage than they spend engineering it.
Please note, Hovis:imo had an extremely bad experience with GMC and put up with stuff that nobody should ever have to. So he might have a slight bias towards them.

But :word: on the grab handle and sunvisors though, :wtf:

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Marketing :read:

What makes Chevy the longest lasting, most dependable truck on the road and not GMC? The bowtie? :think:

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
hovisimo said:
Just cause you had a bad experience doesn't mean they aren't well made or lying.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
its the same with cadillac escalade, its the same GM platform as the yukon and suburban. just a higher base price with more standard equipment and a different front end. chevy has a lower standard base price. GMC comes with more standard equipment. play a little led zepplin in the cadillac commercials and bam, you got older generation buyin them.

·
Realtor, not Real-iter
421 Posts
I agree with most of whats said here but I have one big question..... real question guys and gals.

Why does Consumer Reports have DIFFERENT ratings for the Silverado and Sierra... Taho vs Yukon.... Suberban vs the yukon XL etc ?

Its not that they list the 2 names and have the same exact ratings.... they list both names and have different ratings!

Thats not marketing.....

So why is that?

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
danez71 said:
I agree with most of whats said here but I have one big question..... real question guys and gals.

Why does Consumer Reports have DIFFERENT ratings for the Silverado and Sierra... Taho vs Yukon.... Suberban vs the yukon XL etc ?

Its not that they list the 2 names and have the same exact ratings.... they list both names and have different ratings!

Thats not marketing.....

So why is that?
:think: Cause they are different vehicles and have different flaws and different features?

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
Are those customer satisfaction ratings, or are they like crash test ratings or what? If they are customer satisfaction ratings I would think that Chevy would have less satisfied customers when compared to GMC. As there are more Chevy’s manufactured than GMC's, the more there is of something the more likely its gonna have a problem. :imo

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Whifflebat said:
I don't think i've ever been a vehicle with a drivers side grab handle...i don't think my volvo had that...
Drivers side has a grab handle, it's called the steering wheel :driver:

·
Registered
711 Posts
the difference is that GMC are supposedly a touch more luxurious on the bottom end, so they are a lil more expensive. but all in all, a fully loaded gmc sierra is the exact same thing as a fully loded silverado minus the looks

·
Registered
287 Posts
skylerlt said:
the difference is that GMC are supposedly a touch more luxurious on the bottom end, so they are a lil more expensive. but all in all, a fully loaded gmc sierra is the exact same thing as a fully loded silverado minus the looks

NEGATIVE!

GMC-GAY MAN'S CHEVY :p hehe

JUST PLAYING!

·
has driven a Ford lately.
2,478 Posts
Here's some "knowledge" I'll forward along...

"GMC is actually suing Chevy for stealing their ideas." (heard from GMC owner when I owned a Chevy 10 yrs ago)

"GMC gets first crack at truck design, and then Chevy has to redesign them to look different." (heard from GMC dealer in Lombard, IL in 1999 when I explained I wanted a '99 Sierra or Silverado and was equally happy with the aesthetics of each)

When asked to defend these statements, each of these individuals were very convinced that they were true. Frickin' idiots. :crazy:

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
endo said:
Here's some "knowledge" I'll forward along...

"GMC is actually suing Chevy for stealing their ideas." (heard from GMC owner when I owned a Chevy 10 yrs ago)

"GMC gets first crack at truck design, and then Chevy has to redesign them to look different." (heard from GMC dealer in Lombard, IL in 1999 when I explained I wanted a '99 Sierra or Silverado and was equally happy with the aesthetics of each)

When asked to defend these statements, each of these individuals were very convinced that they were true. Frickin' idiots. :crazy:
Sounds like :bs: to me .. why would GM let one division sue another division??

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I guess the reason I ask this is because many people say that GMC's are more luxurious and higher than Chevys. And I do know for sure that the GMC's are the more expensive of the two.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts