GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i just got some headlight replacements for my 02 and i'm bummin..........the denali knock offs like the ones posted yesterday with the halo and black backing.........anyway two low beam bulbs only , which means modifying something, but even worse the lights are so far out of wack as far as how they fit in the grill shell ......one sits on the plastic the other looks like i should put a tube behind it so i could have a ram air set up to my intake.............wtf

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Wow...thats sucks...this is why I didn't want to dish out major $$ for an aftermarket assembly and end up with crap...

What did you mean by it only has two low beams bulbs? Do you mean it doesn't have a spot for high beams? Or that it uses 9006s in both the high and low beam spot? Doesn't the OEM denali projections use two 9005s (high beams) for the projector part and the high beam slot? Did the aftermarket people screw up that much :think:

·
Registered
639 Posts
are you talking about these?

I dont know about the bulbs for thouse....but mine...

use two 9005 (highbeams) for both sockets. which is kinda cool...maximum lighting...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah thats them...i think its 9005s in both.....it sucks cause they look bad ass....i shaved the plastic down on the inside of bulb so it would fit the plug do you think it will hurt anything?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah your right 9005s are better.....i was wrong earlier.....but on the 9005 to go in place of the low beam i had to shave off the double plastic ridges so it fit the molex plug .........do you think it will be fine?........also the fit in the grill / fenders is kinda wierd........i'm a picky bastard though.....

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
I kinda like those for some reason but I'm glad I held off now. Plus having the black ones are cool but you would still have the clear or white parking and turn signals on bottom. Take some pics of em.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts