GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 sierra standard cab, stepside, 2wd.
I need some advice on what kind of lift to install.
I will be running 265-75-16 tires.
i just want to bring it up around 3 inches in the front, or about 5 in the front and 3 in the rear.
My budget is limited. Please help fullsizers!!!!

·
Pink Bear Man...
1,455 Posts
Body lift and maybe even some spacers or something?? I dont know much on 2wds. Work well for you and is under 450 bucks if you install yourself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Slammin my truck is not an option. I hunt alot so i need a little more ground clearance so i don't do like last year and bottom out the frame in some old dry ruts. There's gotta be a company thats dedicated to 2wd's.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am an expert class mechanic and will do all the work myself. I have buddies that have body lifts that are welded to the frame to secure it, but is there possibly body lift kits that require a bolt on installation only.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
There are plenty of companies that make 2ws lifts.

fabtech and CST are 2 of the big ones. Personally I would get the 7" CST and run 33x12.50.... but thats just me. It will cost more but alos perform and look alot better.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
I would run the 4" CST spindle in the front... you will gain 4" of ground clearance, plus whatever tires size you run. (33" hopefully, which will bring you up another 1 or 2 in ground clearance) The spindles also keep steering angles and upper arm angles stock, unlike the 6" fabtech and the 7" cst. For the back, you could just run cheap 2" blocks w/ new u bolts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts