GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Which One?
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
crazy things on the front page today. feel like my uncle died or something. (the drunk and abusive one that i never really talk to much.)

just wondering you thoughts on it.

·
the art of shredding
730 Posts
im not gonna tell you this is a repost but its a repost there is a big gm bankruptcy thread in the lounge. actually i think there are a few.

·
Candy Corn Harvester...
6,656 Posts
well my opinion gm fucked themselves long enough, honestly is there a reason to build a sierra and a silverado? now i am gonna get bashed for this, but when i was in the market for a new truck, they are overpriced IMO, i bought my f150 with similiar options for like 5grand less. they just need to be closely price to ford. there's a reason ford has been the #1 selling truck for a long time.

·
Registered
627 Posts
well my opinion gm fucked themselves long enough, honestly is there a reason to build a sierra and a silverado? now i am gonna get bashed for this, but when i was in the market for a new truck, they are overpriced IMO, i bought my f150 with similiar options for like 5grand less. they just need to be closely price to ford. there's a reason ford has been the #1 selling truck for a long time.
Thats not while Ford is #1 in sales.....truth is they sell alot of work trucks to big companies...far more than GM does, that where they get that figure from, and maybe because there shit doesn't last as long

·
GMFS Resident Drunk Guy
704 Posts
Thats not while Ford is #1 in sales.....truth is they sell alot of work trucks to big companies...far more than GM does, that where they get that figure from, and maybe because there shit doesn't last as long
It's all in the wording. The "F-Series" is the sales leader. That means F-150-F-750 (or wherever they stop). However, the Silverado and Sierra only go up to 3500, then the name changes to Kodiak or TopKick. That's how they get away with that.

If you look at the light pickup market in a truck-to-truck comparison, GM has always beaten Ford in sales. Just a little FYI.

·
hotdogfarts
2,287 Posts
It's all in the wording. The "F-Series" is the sales leader. That means F-150-F-750 (or wherever they stop). However, the Silverado and Sierra only go up to 3500, then the name changes to Kodiak or TopKick. That's how they get away with that.

If you look at the light pickup market in a truck-to-truck comparison, GM has always beaten Ford in sales. Just a little FYI.
Where did you get that info? Do you have any sites with numbers posted of comparison's on F-150 sales VS Silverado sales?

·
GMFS Resident Drunk Guy
704 Posts
Where did you get that info? Do you have any sites with numbers posted of comparison's on F-150 sales VS Silverado sales?
I've gotten that info from 6 years of experience in the truck accessory business. I'm no longer at that job, but the entire time I was, every publication that came out with sales figures of which trucks were selling, the GM product was top when it was broken down into light duty trucks. So I do kind of know what I'm talking about.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2009/01/fseries-trucks-pickup-market-share-silverado-leads-lightduty-sales.html

Note the first graph says "F-Series" and is compared to Silverado and Sierra.

The second graph shows F-150 vs Silverado light duty trucks.

As I said, the light pickup market has always been dominated by GM.

·
:bishplz:
5,053 Posts
I've gotten that info from 6 years of experience in the truck accessory business. I'm no longer at that job, but the entire time I was, every publication that came out with sales figures of which trucks were selling, the GM product was top when it was broken down into light duty trucks. So I do kind of know what I'm talking about.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2009/01/fseries-trucks-pickup-market-share-silverado-leads-lightduty-sales.html

Note the first graph says "F-Series" and is compared to Silverado and Sierra.

The second graph shows F-150 vs Silverado light duty trucks.

As I said, the light pickup market has always been dominated by GM.
:word: the Silverado dominated the F-150 by itself. Add the Sierras in there and GM>>>Ford

·
GMFS Resident Drunk Guy
704 Posts
:word: the Silverado dominated the F-150 by itself. Add the Sierras in there and GM>>>Ford
It's all semantics and marketing. It's why they get paid the big bucks.

·
Canadian Chapter
2,283 Posts
:word: thats why almost every car commercial you watch says they are number one, it all comes down to the specifics.

I am the top earner in my office.

*office consists of my cubicle

don't lie juan. we all know your stapler gets paid more than you. maybe it's becuase it's not an illegal? :crazy:

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Yeah. My old boss was always on Ford's nuts, quoting that #1 bullshit. As already well stated, it is all in the marketing. F-series goes up, where GMs trucks change names. And GM split up the same trucks Silverado and Sierra, so Ford eliminated them as being the same. Trust me, the military/government is running around with plenty of GM vehicles and GM does plenty of fleet sales.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts