GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any opinions on the Metra GMOS-04 bose interface? I have a 2003 Sierra Ext cab with the premium bose amplified system with steering wheel controls without OnStar. The CD changer in the OE radio stopped working so it is time for a change to an aftermarket unit.
Thanks,

·
hotdogfarts
2,287 Posts
Uggg...the gmos-04.

They suck dick but it's really the only way to get it working properly, I wouldn't be surpised if you have to go through a couple to find one that works properly. Honest to god everytime we do a radio install with a GMOS-04 we bring in three units, out of the three sometimes the sound will be distorted and shitty, or just NO sound at all, or the unit won't even power up etc..etc...

Once you get one working they arn't so bad, I just wish Metra would make a better part...I have phoned their tech support many times and even Metra themselves realize they are finicky and sent me out two before just to make sure I had a working spare.

Buy locally or somewhere with a good return policy imo.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for you help. I also found that Best Buy sells one similar to the PAC made by Peripheral electronics model: GMAH24B. http://peripheralelectronics.com/pdfs/gmah24b.pdf I just wonder why niether of these allow you to use the fader one the radio. Maybe I could get the RCA inputs from the Metra unit on ebay and mod them into a PAC or Peripheral. Or maybe a fader isn't so important anyway.
thanks

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
Most of those pieces "made by" PAC or Peripheral or whoever else are all made by the same company and rebadged units sold by multiple companies

1 - 7 of 7 Posts