GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently purchased an Airaid Jr. kit and an AutoCal tuner from Black Bear Performance and I'm contemplating getting some exhaust to complete my project. I would love to have a nice tone to my exhaust and a small performance boost, but I don't want it overly loud and I don't want it annoying to other people. I definitely want ZERO drone while on the highway. Anyone have experience with either one of these exhausts? I've watched videos and searched the forums, but it's hard to tell how loud something is in person from a video. I'd really love to get the Corsa Touring exhaust but I just can't justify a $1200 exhaust...

·
hella cute n shit
7,652 Posts
Do you NEED the full catback? I always recommend getting the muffler you like and having it welded in... way cheaper.

I don't have any experience with either of those, but I heard the GMPP kit's muffler was made by some other manufacturer, I don't remember who.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
I like my GMPP Touring system. Has a nice rumble at idle and acceleration but whisper quiet when on the freeway and cruising

·
hella cute n shit
7,652 Posts
That's what I thought I had read somewhere... :think:

·
Registered
247 Posts
I just threw on the Corsa Db #24904 2 weeks ago on my 09 4.8 also have the Jr CAI from Airaid and Its awesome. Its loud enough to make you happy and has a good rumble to it, doesnt piss people off, and Hardly any Drone. You wont be upset If you get the Db...Got mine from Amazon for like 500

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the help y'all. I ended up going with the GMPP dual exhaust - crossing my fingers that drone will be minimal. I'll post an update when everything is installed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts