GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have 2005 Sierra crew cab 1500 with cloth seats, driver 4 way power & passenger manual. Wanting to upgrade to leather heated 8-way power heated seats on both driver & passenger. Like to get all the features (power seat movement, heated seats, seat memory, etc) working like OEM. Don't want to just feed 12V power & ground wires to the leather passenger seat and get only power seat movement. So, I realize I need to get the proper wire harness for the power seats. I also realize the leather seats must come from a 2003-2006 donor, in order to be compatible with my 2005. Trouble is, I'm finding there are two different configurations of electrical connectors for the leather power 8-way seats. Attached are pictures of one neighbor's 2004 Silverado (note white & black connector faces), and the second is from another neighbor's 2006 Silverado with blue connector faces. In those pictures, the piece with slots is the body harness connector coming up out of the carpet, and piece with metal prongs is the seat's mating piece.. Both are crew cab 1500's with leather & power heated seats...they seem to have identical seat features. Why are there two different styles of connectors for 8-way power/heated seats? This makes the conversion more difficult. If you find a pair of seats from a single rig in a salvage yard, but that rig's wire harness is already hacked up, then you have to hunt around for the proper wire harness...and this can get difficult for a crew cab because there just aren't as many in yards. Anyway, if I knew why there were two different connector styles for the same seat functionality, this may help me figure out what sort of rig to look for. Anybody know?

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts