GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the difference is between the dashboards?

I know that there are 2 styles.
Console trucks w/ vents above the radio vs non-console trucks w/ the vents on the side of the radio.

The non-console trucks come black vs grey.

The non-console trucks have 3 different interchange numbers.
The interchange is broken up by years.

07-08 vs 09-11 vs 12-13/14.

Does anyone know what the difference is between the 3 different nnbs base dashes?

·
professional smartass
5,600 Posts
idk honestly but my father in laws 10 model is the same dash as my 07 hd was

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
07-08 #283
09-11 #355
12-13/14hd #1077

These interchange #'s are clearly different & are for the base dash (vents on side of radio) only
They have nothing to do w/ colors.

Just not sure if I buy a dash top out of a 2012, if it will bolt up correctly to my 08.
These trucks are still tough to come by in yards around me, especially w/ a clean dash.
Some of the yards around here wont take it back either if it's wrong, @ least not w/o a 25% restocking fee.

·
Registered
48 Posts
There is a difference in trim as well. Mainly the LTZ trim is wayyyyy different you have to peel out the whole dash to try and get it to work

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is a difference in trim as well. Mainly the LTZ trim is wayyyyy different you have to peel out the whole dash to try and get it to work

As stated in the 1st post, there are 2 different dash structures: low end-ish trucks w/ a jump seat & the higher end models w/ a console.

The question about different dashes is strictly about the lower end dash. It has 3 different interchange #'s over the models run.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Didn't some LTs have consoles? I am pretty sure that they did and their dash structure is still different than the LTZ.

Either way there should be nothing different. I think they are just different part numbers because of some slight modification. If you are looking on GMPartsDirect normally a part number will say something like superseded by xyz123

1 - 6 of 6 Posts