GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm new to the concept of the high and mighty trucks, and the worst thing that can happen to someone seems to be if someone has a blowout. Sounds like ppl mess up their trucks bad! Well, I'm curious, being a shopper for my 2wd '00 Sierra 1500 Ext Cab truck to be lifted for 35" tires, is there a such thing as a spare tire? I figured the chances of fitting a 35" tire under my bed in place of the stock is a joke, so what do you guys do? Do you carry one at all?

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
I always carry a fullsie spare on a baja mount like that. Was a 35 when I had 35s and now is a 42.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Layne said:
Vhato how much you asking for your truck?
Already traded her for $10,320.00. A single 33 y/o woman with 2 boys has it now. I have an 04 2500HD Crew Cab 4x4. I need to update my sig.

·
FEARS NO POTHOLE
311 Posts
since having my blowout on the freeway i now have a full size spare, right now it's just layin in my bed, i have to have new y bay fabbed up for my bolt on flat mount

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
See, I thought that putting it in the bed would be a good idea but sad to say, I do a lot of things that I need my fullsized bed. i.e. hall wood, my dogs, etc. So, whats the chances of being able to get a 35" tire where my spare (stock sized) is now on my fullsized sierra? Possible? any concerns?

·
Member #1303
5,159 Posts
so it may work... i've heard different things though. if you ever get a flat you can always use one of your current tires

make sure the rear axle has two full size tires on it and put the "donut" on the front. it'll get you home at least.

buy 4 35" tires and try to put one of them under the bed, if it works, buy another one. if not... then do what i said before. or you can just toss the spare in the bed and hope nobody steals it. also, most of those baja style tire mounts are quick release.

i bought an almost bald 38x13 tsl for $10 that i'm going to use as my spare. i'm not going to even bother mounting it in the bed. nobody would want to steal it anyway. =)

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
I have also heard fitting a 35 in the stock location is possible, I plan on doing it too. I'm just gonna go find a used 35 and buy a used rim, or I might just buy a rock crawler black rim. Still not sure what I want to do, whatever's cheapest I guess. :anitoof:

·
Member #1303
5,159 Posts
Here's what I know from firsthand. There is a guy in my town with 35" mickey thompson baja claws. I have seen there is a big tire under his bed and that it is a baja claw. I don't know if it is a 35 but it would make sense to say that it is... so that is why I say it is possible.

(it is a 200X silverado)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts