GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

I just purchased a 2013 suburban ltz 4wd and want to lift it about 3.5"s. I noticed that it has the air suspension and wanted to know if I can just purchase the strut spacers for the front and rear and slap them on with some bilsteins on all 4 corners. I don't care for the air ride suspension and don't mind the lights that will light up the dash.

I was looking at the Supreme 3.5 Lift kit in the front and 3" in the rear. Will also change out the upper control arms while I'm at it and also change out the springs as the truck as 100k on it.

What do you think?
Thanks in advance!!

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

· Registered
24x14 fuel forged 35/13.50s icon coil overs kryptonite suspension built motor full exhaust 7” lift
106 Posts
Hey folks,

I just purchased a 2013 suburban ltz 4wd and want to lift it about 3.5"s. I noticed that it has the air suspension and wanted to know if I can just purchase the strut spacers for the front and rear and slap them on with some bilsteins on all 4 corners. I don't care for the air ride suspension and don't mind the lights that will light up the dash.

I was looking at the Supreme 3.5 Lift kit in the front and 3" in the rear. Will also change out the upper control arms while I'm at it and also change out the springs as the truck as 100k on it.

What do you think?
Thanks in advance!!

I just unplugged my air ride when I changed to bilsteins
The bilstein lift struts rode rough for me
Factory shocks were wore and too spongy
I thought to swap to 5160 resivior shocks but ended up going with icon coil overs which I love! Paired with uniball upper control arms
My 2c if your gunna spend the money for ride quality spend it on nice shocks and control arms I promise you won’t regret it!

· Registered
24x14 fuel forged 35/13.50s icon coil overs kryptonite suspension built motor full exhaust 7” lift
106 Posts
This is the one I did not have good luck with
Maybe if you got the normal 5100 it would’ve been smoother as I had them before and they diddnt ride this bad.
Monroe’s we’re ok but spongy still like the stock ones
Icons are stuff but not overly stiff more of a controlled feeling which I like! I haul ass In my rig everywhere now since I’ve built the front suspension

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought to swap to 5160 resivior shocks but ended up going with icon coil overs which I love! Paired with uniball upper control arms
My 2c if your gunna spend the money for ride quality spend it on nice shocks and control arms I promise you won’t regret it!
Awesome! Which icons did you pick up? Also what rig was it on? Were they just new coilovers that you just took the old stock struts out and slapped the icons in? Pics if you have any!

I have bilsteins on all 4 corners of my 08 silverado and they ride great paired with the 7.5 RC lift kit and arms.

If you have a link to the Icons you used would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is the one I did not have good luck with
Maybe if you got the normal 5100 it would’ve been smoother as I had them before and they diddnt ride this bad.
Monroe’s we’re ok but spongy still like the stock ones
Icons are stuff but not overly stiff more of a controlled feeling which I like! I haul ass In my rig everywhere now since I’ve built the front suspension
Yeah, these are the ones I have on my Rado.

But open to Icons if they work for a suburban.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also, which uca did you go with?

· Registered
106 Posts
Fabtech FTS21128 Control Arm Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CO507ES?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Also, which uca did you go with?

· Registered
106 Posts
Mine are actually not resis but they have the resi ones on sale right now for the same price as the normal coilovers just about.
There rebuildable and tunable upgradable if sent into icon suspension

my coil overs came off a 2019-2020 gmc at4 which came 2” higher from the factory so in my application instead of 3.5” it came out to 5.5” of lift but with a 2.5” leveling kit stacked on top I got the Tahoe around 8” of lift over stock.
I got mine used where as if I had bought them specifically for my truck they should’ve been 2-3.5” of lift and not 5.5” of lift
I like mine A lot it’s a very controlled feeling and it seems like the faster you hit bumps the better it takes the bump so a good example there’s a set of doubled up train tracks on a slight curve on my way to work. I hit them tracks going 75-80mph driving with my knee drinking coffee
Prior to the uniballs and coil overs it would feel like my front tires were dancing left to right going over those tracks it was horrible! There is no comparison in ride quality!
If I had the money I would’ve went with kings for the more Cadillac type ride but I couldn’t pass the deal up on my coilovers as I only paid 400$ for mine used only a month old

· Registered
106 Posts
Awesome! Which icons did you pick up? Also what rig was it on? Were they just new coilovers that you just took the old stock struts out and slapped the icons in? Pics if you have any!

I have bilsteins on all 4 corners of my 08 silverado and they ride great paired with the 7.5 RC lift kit and arms.

If you have a link to the Icons you used would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

the icons would’ve been plug and play if they diddnt come on a at4 I could’ve swapped lower eyelets but I wanted to lift mine higher anyways so I made it work for my application
If you got the 7.5” lift I would get icons for a 2019-2020 gmc at4 and throw a leveling kit on top to compensate for the 2-3” you lost
Dirt king fabrication locking cam plates for your alignment to be solid
Cut the bump stops
And throw the uniballs on

Pics show how they fit on my 7.5” lifted Silverado vs my Tahoe which was stock at the time. I eventually ended up throwing them back on the Tahoe once I got my fabtech lift and control arms later down the road

after going through the old factory shocks a set of monroes a set of bilsteins and now a set of icons my wife was pissed and I was determined to fit these coil overs! Had to hook my tractor to the tow hooks to weigh it down to put everything together and drive it to pick up another set of factory struts lol this was because the at4 coilovers we’re longer then the normal coil overs from what I was told.
I still haven’t upgraded the rear shocks
I just did the adjustable panhard bar
Trail arm drop brackets
Jeep sway bar links
And rc lift springs (springs alone stiffened the ride)
So later down the road I’ll upgrade to icon resis in the rear to help smooth it out but I’m very happy with the ride right now so I haven’t been real worried about it as I have two other project trucks I’m working on

1 - 11 of 11 Posts