GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am gonna get the back doors, and probably under and behind the subs too.. this rattling needs to go!!!!!!!!! :banghead:

Anyone got any other suggestions with the dynamat? I get this audio shit for really cheap.. so...

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You mean the roof? I was thinking that but they said it really wasn't necessary.. only on SUV's. I'm sure it would help but I don't think I'mg onna do it, plus it takes too much time, and I ain't got time :mrt: TIME IS MONEY!

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
you don't need to put it on the roof... my system is pretty loud, and all it ever does is deflect... it never makes anynoise. The back wall is a whole different story. I've got something like 3 coats of dynamatt xtreme on there. Same with the rear and front doors. I also have a bunch on the floor under where the subs go, but there where no rattles their anyways.

·
GMFS Firefighter
133 Posts
I would def. recomend doing the roof. I have done the entire floor, doors, rear wall, and the roof of my ext. cab sierra. It is like getting into an office. it is so quiet, and it is really quiet in the rain. If nothing else it blocks road and wind noise.

Wes

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
I'd score some B-Quiet before Dynasplat, the Dyna is $$$ for what it is. Yes it makes sound better by eliminating resonance/reverberation (sp? it's 4am) that distorts sound.

I concur with the problem areas start with the doors and rear of the cabs. Then the floor. Then roof.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
my experience with generic brands of dynamatt have been bad. I've used fatmatt and some other brand of stuff. The stuff is a joke, its like over glorified tin foil. And honestly to me, puting 5 layers of cheap stuff isn't worth the time/effort of putting it on and getting it to fit right.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
I need some bad! I know I need it on the doors and the back wall. If it stops the rattles then that's good enough for me! How does it install. Don't you have to heat it up with a heat gun?

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
nope... no heat gun. just get gut the truck, and slap it on. Push it down into all the lil crevices(sp) and then ur done...

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
I've used B-Quiet and Dynasplat before, hence why I recommended the B-quiet. They have multi grades and hell, even ship out free samples to see the quality...

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah... well I got some dynamat on the back doors and the back wall, and it sounds better except they "tuned" my amp and now the base doesn't hit as hard. I think they forgot I had a base knob.. I dunno, I'm gonna go back there Monday.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts